BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:South African Gen 3 owners

More
04 Feb 2022 23:39 #241703 by JAGtheman
I am a South African working in the UK. I have a 2008 Gen 3 and am wanting to contact any Gen 3 owners in SA to discuss differences between SA model and UK model as I am wanting to repatriate this vehicle (yep, I meet all the requirements!!).

Started with a Series 2 SWB, through Datsun, Nissan, Isuzu and Hilux 4x4 (land surveyor) and after all these 4x4 vehicles and 40 years of field work, this is the best, greatest fun 4x4 I have ever had. It would break my heart to part with it. 

Currently based in Huntingdon, ex Cape Town. 

Julian
2008 Gen 3 Manual
Being completely revitalised

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2022 12:40 #241731 by lookonimages
send saxj on this forum à pm. he is extremely knowledgeable on jimnies. he is in SA.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

More
08 Feb 2022 07:32 #241750 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic Re:South African Gen 3 owners
As far as I know there is very little difference between the gen 3 models available in SA and UK. The Jimny was only introduced into South Africa in 2008, and is similar spec to the UK version.  They both have the M13A engine, and the electric transfer case. The automatic was only introduced to South Africa at a much later date, so there may be some differences there. 

More
08 Feb 2022 18:20 - 11 Feb 2022 06:53 #241757 by JAGtheman
Thanks for the response.. I have a number of very specific questions, maybe you can help...
How many (white) reverse lights are on SA model?
  • Do the rear light clusters next to the rear door contain stop lights?
  • is it required to have an alarm installed?
  • And the million dollar question: is an instrument cluster showing mph and underneath in smaller numbers kph with distance in miles, OK for roadworthy?

Julian
2008 Gen 3 Manual
Being completely revitalised
Last edit: 11 Feb 2022 06:53 by JAGtheman.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds