BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Tyres

• Rambo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Dec 2020 23:09 #231092 by Rambo
Tyres was created by Rambo
Hi all I’m new here and I’m looking for a bit of tyre advice, I have a 2004 Jimny and need to get a set of new tyres before I book the mot tomorrow. At the moment I have insa turbo ranger 2 205/70/r15 but I cannot buy these any more.

I did want similar tyres and was thinking of BFGoodrich A/T ko2 215/75/r15, can anyone advise if these will fit ok as I’m looking at £500 fitted so I don’t want to waste money if they are a bad choice?

My other thoughts were Goodyear wrangler AT adventure or Cooper discovery AT3 sport but I do like the look of the Goodrich the most.

(The car won’t be taken off road much which is why I don’t want full off road tyres but normal road tyres are boring looking to me!)

Thanks for any advice!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2020 23:37 #231094 by gv42
Replied by gv42 on topic Tyres
YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR A/T GO15 ARE GOOD ON MY 2nd SET

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
22 Dec 2020 04:58 #231097 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Tyres
Welcome to the forum. You won't go far wrong with any premium brand new tyre but personally I would have the bfg.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
23 Dec 2020 08:50 #231132 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Tyres
Yes BFGs in 215/75r15 will fit on a completely standard Jimny without issues.

• Rambo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jan 2021 13:39 #231731 by Rambo
Replied by Rambo on topic Tyres
Thanks for the replies, I think I will go for the BFGs but the MOT test centre said I won't need to replace the tyres I have till the next MOT so December it is! 

More
12 Jan 2021 14:59 #231737 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Tyres
If you are not going off road, I would go for something suitable for road use and the occasional dirt track. Geolanders would be good but so would any of the [milder] A/T treads. No point in going for something chunky, all it will do is use more fuel, be less stable at speed on the road and wear faster.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds