BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Aussie 4th Gen Micro-Tourer Build

More
15 Oct 2020 18:51 #229145 by Soeley
I meant to comment on this the other day, but was just browsing off-line on my phone then forgot.

Really sorry to hear about your break in (my worst fear of owning the Jimny now as they are not that easily replace (equal to some numpty crashing into me)). Very glad to hear you got it back though, must be such a relief. Have you thought about a tracker that send alerts to you mobile?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2020 07:33 #229151 by Reason2doubt
Congratulations getting it back! What a strange turn of events indeed!

More
16 Oct 2020 09:45 #229163 by DAGZOOK
If you weren't a firearms owner, I bet you are now.... :D Great news, I'm so glad that you managed to get it back in one piece.

More
16 Oct 2020 15:44 - 16 Oct 2020 15:49 #229172 by Scimike
Wow, what a roller coaster ride.
So happy you got it back. Time to get a bigger dog or a smaller dog flap.:laugh:

<<<<<<< Our cats vicious. Don't be fooled, it will take your face off if anyone goes near my Jimny keys!

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 16 Oct 2020 15:49 by Scimike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAGZOOK

• Slumlord
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Nov 2020 11:17 #230384 by Slumlord
Replied by Slumlord on topic Aussie 4th Gen Micro-Tourer Build
So the build is full steam ahead now that everything mechanically appears to be in order after the robbery.

Against my better judgement I went with the OME 40mm lift kit. As I said earlier I typically steer clear of ARB (as much as I love their products) but delays and wait times with other kids has pointed me in the direction of OME. Happy to report that the kit has positively transformed the driving experience (on road). Which sounds counter intuitive given the centre of mass is now 40mm higher.

I installed the 7inch XTM spotties from BCF with the help of a mate. They work brilliantly and at $100 a pair what could go wrong lol.

My OCD kicked in and Decided to undertake some more DIY on the weekend and eliminate the rust that had developed rather rapidly on both the axle shaft ends. Something I simply cant hack being a 3 month old car.

After some massaging with a wire brush drill bit...

A sprinkle of primer.

A touch of epoxy enamel.

Ta Da!

Attachments:

• benediktsnow
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2020 23:29 #230668 by benediktsnow
Replied by benediktsnow on topic Aussie 4th Gen Micro-Tourer Build
Sweet looking rig mate!

did you manage to fit the Maxxis MT762 [235/75r15] on Dynamic Sunraysia steelies [15x7] under the car on stock suspension or did you throw a lift kit under the truck first?

• Slumlord
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Dec 2020 06:51 #230726 by Slumlord
Replied by Slumlord on topic Aussie 4th Gen Micro-Tourer Build
The 235/75r15s were fitted before the OME installation. 235s fit fine on stock suspension IMO. You will experience minor rubbing at full articulation.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds