BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

PJ's 2020 Brisk Blue JB74 SZ5 Thread

More
06 Aug 2020 11:20 #226135 by treps
Thank you PJ. I see that fitting this to a LHD Jimny is beyond my technical capabilities. No worries. However, this new to me site has all sorts of other goodies... Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2020 13:52 #226136 by Roger Fairclough
Andy.

Why did you fit clear vision lenses to your front indicators? Amber is the Universal colour, at least in Europe, for a reason.

Roger

More
06 Aug 2020 19:09 #226165 by Roger Fairclough
Sorry about the name mix-up, I meant no offence.

I assume your lamps show amber because you fitted amber coated bulbs.

Roger

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Aug 2020 13:23 - 07 Aug 2020 13:24 #226231 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic PJ's 2020 Brisk Blue JB74 SZ5 Thread

Roger Fairclough wrote: Andy.

Why did you fit clear vision lenses to your front indicators? Amber is the Universal colour, at least in Europe, for a reason.

Roger

Because orange is not pleasing to my eyes.

Besides no harm done. They contain a strong orange bulb so it is identical when operating.

Does that satisfy the Borg saftey and concern hive mind police ?

Muuhahahahhaaaa
Last edit: 07 Aug 2020 13:24 by Andy2640.

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
07 Aug 2020 17:47 #226251 by Lambert
WE ARE BORG. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Aug 2020 18:27 #226254 by Andy2640

Lambert wrote: WE ARE BORG. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

God, thats such a phrophetic statement in more ways than one.

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
07 Aug 2020 19:55 #226263 by Lambert
Given that it's possible to Feel my music in your chest at a distance I will always recommend a speaker upgrade. The factory units are very very poor.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
07 Aug 2020 20:07 #226265 by Soeley
I found after fitting the rear speakers I could not get a good ballance front to rear. The speakers are not expensive, very good VFM, also the front fitting kit is not expensive. So yes, it is well worth upgrading the fronts to match the rears.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Aug 2020 21:21 #226486 by Andy2640
Toyo open country AT plus. They are a light tyre, are excellent on road, very quite and have some nice tread if going off road.

Had these before i switchednto KO2 BFG. I miss these tyres, they were excellent in all regards. Look cool too. Highly recommended.

More
11 Aug 2020 06:31 - 11 Aug 2020 06:36 #226497 by Soeley
The standard Duellers are a very good capable tyre. They never let me down once. Before lockdown I went to the quarry every month for a pay and play, never noticed any loss of traction.
The Big Jimny meet last year was the muddiest course I'd driven, they coped brilliantly, never noticed any loss of traction.
Went laning in the Yorkshire dales back in January with Disco's, Defender and two other Jimnys all had A/T tyres on apart from me. I kept up perfectly well, they couldn't believe I had road tyres on.

I have recently (during lock down) fitted Yokohama Geolanders in standard size (195/80/15). I see no reason at all to go bigger when the H/T tyres did me so well.

The only reason I have for changing them is I did have a pass to go up Gatescarth pass in June, obviously that got cancelled. But in readiness for that I bought my steel wheels and wanted some A/T tyres purely for the tougher sidewalls to help prevent any sliced tyres on sharp rocks. Plus these tyre came up at a good price from a friend who had only done a few thousand miles on them so got all 5 for £200.

If you are doing mostly road with the occasional off road I would wait and just see how you cope with the standard tyres.

I was being quite picky choosing what I wanted as I wanted either a winter or all season as well.
Last edit: 11 Aug 2020 06:36 by Soeley.

More
11 Aug 2020 08:17 #226500 by Roger Fairclough
Soeley.

Gatescarth pass is not to be missed. I did it a few years ago in company with the GLASS rep for Cumbria and we drove it north to South which I believe is the best route. You then have a great day out with all the other routes available.

Roger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
11 Aug 2020 09:24 #226503 by Soeley
Hopefully we well get another go. As you know they only issue so many passes throughout the year.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds