BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Lights

• Hugh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Mar 2020 19:23 #220038 by Hugh
Lights was created by Hugh
Hi all new here , I said I would throw up a few pictures of my headlights I got from Japan they change the lights to a projector with sequential led indicators and led park lights aswel and really modernize the jimny . These particular headlights are called m-bro thunder and are a plug and play option .
I have also fitted a light bar to the roof using a length of channel bolted to the existing roof bars and then drilled a hole in the aerial to run the wire the least intrusive way I could think of this particular light bar has a dip beam and high beam which allows you to show off essentially with out blinding other drivers.
Please let me know if you like more in-depth pictures .
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Mar 2020 05:22 #220050 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Lights
Welcome to the forum. Those lights are cool, how much were they if you don't mind telling? Also do they have an e11 etc classification stamp for type approval?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Hugh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Mar 2020 22:54 #220076 by Hugh
Replied by Hugh on topic Lights
The lights are not e marked but here in Ireland we have a road worthiness test every year similar to mot and headlights do not have to be e marked in order to pass they just have to properly aligned I would imagine it is the same for you , see if you can find a test guideline handbook online . They cost 500 euro 150 of that spent on shipping they are available on the global rakuten site , bit expensive but not woefully more than new oem ones

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
20 Mar 2020 05:05 #220078 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Lights
It's not the mot that is going to get you, you can have a 10 minute old mot pass and if a copper or vosa check point pull you they will do you under the construction and use lighting regulations. If they notice and are feeling difficult. Also a loss adjuster for the insurance could well turn round and claim that by not being approved to e mark standard your lights were a contributing factor in your claim and then try to void the policy. It's all a matter of your personal level of acceptable risk. For me it's a pity that they don't have an e mark as they are really cool.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
20 Mar 2020 08:08 #220082 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic Lights
As I disovered in the past - the E rating doesn't neccessarily relate to the beam pattern but also to the materials and/or standards that the unit (lights or any other component for that matter) is built to

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds