BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

My Chiffon Ivory JB74 SZ5 - blog/mods/build thread

More
15 Jul 2020 04:06 #225110 by mlines
No problem. Just be aware that the system shows no stock across Europe so check that the German source actually has one and is not just quoting without reference to the stock holding.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• flux-capacitor
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2020 09:06 #225224 by flux-capacitor
Replied by flux-capacitor on topic Re:My JB74 SZ5 - blog/mods/build thread
You were right:

Unfortunately we have to inform you that the part(s) you have ordered is/are not available, neither from us nor the manufacturer. Since the manufacturer is not able to give us a new delivery date, we will refund your payment.

We can't deliver your order and would like to apologize for any inconveniences you had.
Thank you for your understanding.

So if you have some path to make this little part come to Europe at the price you said, let's go.

More
17 Jul 2020 14:19 #225237 by 300bhpton
Have given the transfer box quite a testing this week. And I'm pleased to say that all is looking good so far. :)

I also, at long last, managed to get the tyres fitted!

Just to recap, they are 217/75R15's. Nothing too outlandish. And only marginally bigger than stock (195/80R15). I didn't want to impact the gearing on or off road. Nor feel the need for a lift kit immediately.

They are just under 1/2" taller. But are obviously sporting a much more off road biased tread pattern. I did consider a set of MT's. But as this is my daily driver, I opted for the first time in my car/4x4 history to go for a set of AT's. But I think they will work for what I'm wanting from the vehicle.

Tyres are Maxxis AT980E's, very similar in style to the BFG AT Ko2's, but cost quite a bit less to buy and still get good reviews.

Not yet driven very far on them. But what I have done, they seem no worse than the standard tyres on a dry road at any rate. More to follow on this, plus some more off road testing.

If anyone is interested, the old tyres are available to buy:
4 lightly used (3000 miles): www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/11-for-...-684-ii-set-of-4-200

1 new and unused: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/11-for-...dueler-h-t-684-ii-70

The tyre lettering is white, the blue is there to protect it during transit and should wash off.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Portland, Soeley, lookonimages

More
17 Jul 2020 15:55 #225240 by Bill Portland
I like the look of those. Where did you get them?

More
17 Jul 2020 16:02 #225241 by lookonimages

300bhpton wrote:
Tyres are Maxxis AT980E's, very similar in style to the BFG AT Ko2's, but cost quite a bit less to buy and still get good reviews.

Very nice.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2020 16:04 #225242 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic My JB74 SZ5 - blog/mods/build thread
Cif takes the blue stuff off real quick. Chris

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
17 Jul 2020 17:44 #225245 by Lambert
Ooh worm drive maxxis. Be interesting to hear a proper review on these.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
17 Jul 2020 17:45 #225246 by 300bhpton

Bill Portland wrote: I like the look of those. Where did you get them?

Got them from Camskill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Portland

More
17 Jul 2020 19:07 #225249 by DAGZOOK
Looking good mate! In terms of kerb appeal and bang for buck those worm drives are definitely as attractive as BFG's. Whats next on the list, surely a lift kit?!

More
17 Jul 2020 20:43 #225255 by Soeley
They don't look far off being a mud terrain tread in my inexperienced eyes.

More
18 Jul 2020 13:36 #225277 by 300bhpton

DAGZOOK wrote: Looking good mate! In terms of kerb appeal and bang for buck those worm drives are definitely as attractive as BFG's. Whats next on the list, surely a lift kit?!

Next month I think I'll be getting some more underbody protection. Transfer plate and radius arm protectors. Not much kerb appeal, but practical.

Also thinking about some mud flaps. I like the red ones. But a bit pricey direct from Suzuki, so might punt for some off ebay. Undecided as of yet.

Few other things I'm considering too. But a lift kit is definitely one of them. But not for a couple of months. I like the look of the Black Raptor Pro kit from Jimnybits, just wish I could find at least one person with it. Ironman4x4 also seem to offer a fairly comprehensive kit also. But having a hard time finding full specs out or pricing.

More
18 Jul 2020 13:43 #225278 by 300bhpton

Soeley wrote: They don't look far off being a mud terrain tread in my inexperienced eyes.

I would definitely say they are on the more aggressive end of the scale for an All Terrain. And some Mud Terrains are not really anymore aggressive looking. They have 12mm of tread but the block spacing isn't as big as you'd find on most MT's.

I will be honest, I did also consider something like a BFG MT KM3, they look superb, but are even more than the BFG AT's to buy and looking at the specs quite a big heavier too for the same size. Very aware that this is meant to be my daily driver and a fair chunk of on-road work, I decided an AT was a better fit. But I wanted something that would still look the part.

My view of MT's is more akin to the stuff I run on my Land Rovers, which generally are things like this:

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds