BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Newbie hey all :)

More
25 Feb 2020 00:18 #219037 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Newbie hey all :)
Looks good! Welcome along!

Speed isn't everything and the Jimny shows this. They can be great fun!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• L333BOA
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Feb 2020 09:58 #219099 by L333BOA
Replied by L333BOA on topic Newbie hey all :)
Ive bought some goodies for the mini beast, got a set of 5 modular wheels in black with new winter tyres on, snorkel kit on its way too, I’ll post pics up once fitted, main thing I’ve got to do is the clutch cable as there’s no give it bites instantly and with the accelerator pedal being stiff it’s a bugger to get use to, it’s had a recon gearbox and new clutch so I’m hoping it’ll adjust easy enough when I get underneath but apart from that it’s a wicked little thing.

• Clutha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Feb 2020 11:21 #219101 by Clutha
Replied by Clutha on topic Newbie hey all :)
Hi from another newbie!
Picked up mine on Saturday.
Happy motoring!

More
04 Mar 2020 08:59 #219361 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Newbie hey all :)

L333BOA wrote: Ive bought some goodies for the mini beast, got a set of 5 modular wheels in black with new winter tyres on, snorkel kit on its way too, I’ll post pics up once fitted, main thing I’ve got to do is the clutch cable as there’s no give it bites instantly and with the accelerator pedal being stiff it’s a bugger to get use to, it’s had a recon gearbox and new clutch so I’m hoping it’ll adjust easy enough when I get underneath but apart from that it’s a wicked little thing.

On the bottom of the gearbox where it meets the engine there's a plastic cover. Pull it off and behind it is the clutch adjustment. Perhaps slacken the cable off a smidge but only half a turn at a time. You might be able to get the biting point somewhere in the middle then.

You don't want a clutch to be like a switch.

If it's too stiff, changing the cable is easy enough.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• L333BOA
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Mar 2020 20:16 #220074 by L333BOA
Replied by L333BOA on topic Newbie hey all :)
Thanks will have a look this weekend:)

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds