BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

New jap wheel arches. Lukes Jimny

• Hjelme
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Sep 2019 17:48 #213553 by Hjelme
New jap wheel arches. Lukes Jimny was created by Hjelme
Finally got my new wheel arches. Its a set from japan or china which i had seen a few times before but always for rediculous prices. Recently found them on ebay for £115 for the set of 4 whcih I thought was a bit more reasonable so I splashed out. Only installed the front set so far but I think they look great, especially with the beauty washers. I used Rivnuts to bolt the fronts on.
Ive seen a topic on here about these wheel arches before and people were speculating whether they would be wide enough so I can now confirm the fronts are slightly wider than the stock widejimny (EU version) meaning they cover my 235/75/15 tyres with 2" spacers.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
16 Sep 2019 04:05 #213559 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum. They don't look bad do they. Question, what roof system is that?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
16 Sep 2019 17:49 #213575 by Rabid Rhino
I do like them. Hurry up & put the rears on & give us some side on shots.
Can you also show us up under the arches ?

Looking for a nice clean and straight LHD Jimny..... Not any more.
Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.

More
24 Sep 2019 22:52 #213839 by kirkynut
I think I quite like these. Some people slated the look of them on a thread I read but I like them.

Welcome along too!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
25 Sep 2019 18:13 #213854 by Keithy
Exactly half the price of the plastic to make these.....I found nothing I liked when I made these.

Attachments:

• Hjelme
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Dec 2019 02:14 #216833 by Hjelme
Replied by Hjelme on topic New jap wheel arches. Lukes Jimny
Yeh I saw that thread before I purchased them but I thought they looked good too. Been a while since I’ve had a chance to do any work to the jimny. Hoping to get the rear ones on this week tho and I’ll post some side shots. It took me a full day to get the front ones on and I think the rears will be even harder so been cautious to start tearing the back arches apart while I still need to drive the car to work during the week aha.

• JonLee90
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jan 2020 14:13 #217263 by JonLee90
Replied by JonLee90 on topic New jap wheel arches. Lukes Jimny
Hi,
I have a 2004 Jimney. What year is yours? Do you reckon they would fit mine?

• Hjelme
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jun 2020 19:55 #224106 by Hjelme
Hi, the arches are really made for the jap skinny version of the jimny so they dont fit without removing all the original plastic arch and lots of the metal undernieth. But yeh if your willing to do the cutting then they will fit aha.

• Hjelme
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jun 2020 19:57 #224107 by Hjelme
The Roof rack is one I welded tother myself. It has 3 cradles for those NATO military boxes.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds