BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Gen 4 Silky Silver

• JurassicJimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jul 2019 07:12 #210935 by JurassicJimny
Gen 4 Silky Silver was created by JurassicJimny
Hi Everyone,

Thought i'd finally join the forum (Have been looking but never registered) and introduce my New Gen 4 SZ4 in silver. I picked it up at the end of June, having put a deposit down back in February and being told i was 13th on the list but only 2nd that would consider a SZ4.

The car is a bit a shock compared to my previous car of a Peugeot 3008 diesel, but so far its doing what i need and have covered over 300 miles including motorways. However I think i might have the Jimny that wants to just go as I've found on motorways its just pulling and eager to get up to speed.

In the past few weeks I've added the accessories and had the windows tinted to 15% and had the car put into Jurassic world livery. I know the livery might not be to everyone's taste but i feel it suits it well and everyone i pass is enjoying it as well. The accessories fitted are: Rubber mats, Mudflaps and aftermarket Wind deflectors and spare wheel cover

Eventual Plans are under sealing the chassis (bilt hamber s50 Ub and Uc) painting the wheel arches with Container paint (we use it on the railways and its ideal for rust proofing and stands up to punishment). Then adding Spot lights, led light bar, AT tyres (still debating which kind) maybe a sankey/NATO and ball tow hitch and maybe a roof cage.

Now for the Jimny both before the wrap when positioned alongside a willys jeep and a landrover lightweight and after

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
12 Jul 2019 08:06 #210938 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Gen 4 Silky Silver
Welcome to the forum. Quite like the stripe suits that colour. Which railway is that?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• JurassicJimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jul 2019 08:08 #210939 by JurassicJimny
Replied by JurassicJimny on topic Gen 4 Silky Silver
Cheers Lambert,

It's the Aln valley railway at Alnwick.

Ps cheers to the moderators for moving this Topic to My Jimny. Had accidentally hit post without realizing it was still set to Jimny chat.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
12 Jul 2019 08:26 #210941 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Gen 4 Silky Silver
Thought it was. No worries, it keeps things tidy.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jul 2019 09:16 #210943 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Gen 4 Silky Silver
Like your style. Looks great.

More
12 Jul 2019 09:23 #210945 by stiffsteve204me
Replied by stiffsteve204me on topic Gen 4 Silky Silver
Nicely done!

The livery really goes well on the silver.

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jul 2019 10:35 #210950 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic Gen 4 Silky Silver
Nice. The blue and Silver compliment each other really well.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jul 2019 12:40 #210953 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Gen 4 Silky Silver
Very nice and welcome to the forum

More
14 Jul 2019 09:28 #211021 by Themooingman
Replied by Themooingman on topic Gen 4 Silky Silver
Hi and welcome. Love the Jurassic livery. Great idea. Looks good. Did it cost a lot ?

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover

• JurassicJimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jul 2019 17:17 #211050 by JurassicJimny
Replied by JurassicJimny on topic Gen 4 Silky Silver
Thanks for the comments everyone. I've just had the mudflaps fitted at the dealers this week and just today done first lot of rustproofing the wheel arches, this was just painting the wheel arches and the frames behind the wheels in rustproof rubberised container paint. So should provide additional protection with the Bilt Hamber stuff when i get round to that.

Themooingman: It was only £140 designed and fitted by custom coats in North shields. They had alot of interest on my Jimny from people coming in for consultations on things like audi's bmw etc they all loved its looks and livery. They did admit that the Jimny was one of the easiest vehicles to do as everything is slab sided or easy curves
The window tints were £85 took 20 minutes by Utopia tints. Who have done pretty much every Jimny in the north east any that have upgraded window tints have passed though their workshop.

More
14 Jul 2019 19:31 - 14 Jul 2019 19:32 #211061 by Themooingman
Replied by Themooingman on topic Gen 4 Silky Silver
Thanks the costs. We have a wrapper round hear. Might make an enquiry for something similar. Looks great

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover
Last edit: 14 Jul 2019 19:32 by Themooingman.

More
14 Jul 2019 19:46 #211063 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic Gen 4 Silky Silver
It's great to see the Jimny G4 next to the willys Jeep an the lightweight Land rover, it looks like the same size:)

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds