BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

OctaneJimny's SZ5 Chiffon Ivory manual.

More
17 Jul 2019 14:48 #211194 by Bill Portland

OctaneJimny wrote: Mod of the day, matte screen protector for the infotainment system. The main reason for this was the dreadful finger prints and I have had a few glints from sun. While not a massive deal, just a minor annoyance. Very easy to fit. Anyone who would like one my advice is to fit from the bottom edge and work it up to the top edge. It has a handy slot in the top to allow the removal of the SD car required for the sat nav. After having it on for a day it has got no finger prints and no noticeable screen sensitivity difference. 9 out of 10. Would recommend.

You get 2 per pack which is worth noting!

Links(£2 cheaper on amazon):
www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074S4BHX7/ref=cm_sw..._apa_i_bbBkDbSXYD53X

www.protectionfilms24.com/article/upscre...ZEAQYASABEgLssfD_BwE

Thanks for the links. A little more searching on Amazon and I found the same 2-pack for £4.79 + £0.99 delivery. I had mine delivered today, will try and fit one tonight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget, Soeley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2019 09:15 #211227 by OctaneJimny
Hi Bill,

Nice one, I've also found the cheaper one after you have mentioned it, Thanks for letting eveyone know. I hope you are as pleased with yours as I am mine. It's reduced fingerprints and the glare greatly.

Here is a link to the cheaper but same make screen protector.
www.amazon.co.uk/BROTECT-Screen-Protecto...826&s=gateway&sr=8-3

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club
The following user(s) said Thank You: facade, Bill Portland, Soeley

More
18 Jul 2019 17:24 #211253 by Soeley
Thanks for the link, just ordered one.

More
18 Jul 2019 22:08 #211268 by facade
Me too, thanks!

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jul 2019 23:39 #211270 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic OctaneJimny's SZ5 Chiffon Ivory manual.
Me 3, thanks.

Happy days, nice1.

More
22 Jul 2019 09:17 #211388 by OctaneJimny
Hi All,

This weekend me and the Mrs have knocked up some stealth camping blinds. We used double foiled air insulation roll, Some black fabric, Double sided suckers, fabric glue and of course some gaffa tape.

Time to make: 3 Hours.
All in cost: £35

Looking forward to the first camping outing at the end of the week. We had a similar set up in a gen3 but with the gen4 seats folding completely flat we haven't had to modify any of the seating with a wooden platform at the head end(rear of the car). The stealth aspect is fun and we don't always go places with campsite available... or ones with any decent pubs nearby which is a definite must have after a day of exploring!

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

More
22 Jul 2019 11:23 #211394 by Soeley

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds