BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5

More
04 May 2019 14:31 #207289 by Bill Portland
Replied by Bill Portland on topic Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5

Bob1050 wrote:

Bill Portland wrote: when i get home this evening i'll compare the actual pressures against what the TPMS says and post the results

Suggest you check the pressures when stone cold - e.g. in the morning before setting off anywhere. If you want a close to accurate reading?

I agree, if I want an absolute reading, but I want to check the accuracy of the tpms which only works when tyres have had 10 minutes to warm up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 May 2019 13:36 #207374 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic Re:Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5
Drive will be clean though!!!

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 May 2019 14:38 #207375 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Re:Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5

Aj4x4 wrote: Drive will be clean though!!!

Yes it did. Funny really.... we have an eco-warrior living next door. She is the type of activist, that would go to an abattoir, and free all the pigs. But when the farm security arrived, she would slit their gizzards!! Pro-Animal and Anti-Human. Go figure..... ;-)

#Random.

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 May 2019 07:40 #207512 by Andy2640
The difference a wheel cover can make. I lkie it anyhow, but i realise it is subjective.

Booked in this Friday to get the rest fitted, then all done. (For now) ;-)
Attachments:

More
08 May 2019 08:10 #207514 by stiffsteve204me

Andy2640 wrote: The difference a wheel cover can make. I lkie it anyhow, but i realise it is subjective.

Much better, Andy. :)

I ordered one, and it was delivered yesterday, only to find that the wrong one had been sent. :(

Semi rigid, black, no logo, was ordered, but I received the chrome/stainless version. Far more money, but not what I wanted, so it's being collected on Thursday, when the (hopefully) correct one, is delivered.

Pics will follow. :lol:

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 May 2019 09:28 #207517 by Andy2640

stiffsteve204me wrote:

Andy2640 wrote: The difference a wheel cover can make. I lkie it anyhow, but i realise it is subjective.

I ordered one, and it was delivered yesterday, only to find that the wrong one had been sent. :(

Semi rigid, black, no logo, was ordered, but I received the chrome/stainless version. Far more money, but not what I wanted, so it's being collected on Thursday, when the (hopefully) correct one, is delivered.

Steve.

Cheers steve.

Which is the semi-ridged one then? Sounds interesting.

Im still waiting on my SZ5 badge, led fogs/DRLs/reverse lights and rear boot liner. Big hold up in accessories going on. Then just the reversing camera..... then.....well, skint :pinch:

More
08 May 2019 09:41 #207519 by Bill Portland

I have the same cover but planning for a minor modification.
My rear tray arrived yesterday and is good. Nice thick grippy rubber with a decent lip to contain spillages.

More
08 May 2019 10:02 #207521 by stiffsteve204me

Andy2640 wrote:

stiffsteve204me wrote:

Steve.

Cheers steve.

Which is the semi-ridged one then? Sounds interesting.

Im still waiting on my SZ5 badge, led fogs/DRLs/reverse lights and rear boot liner. Big hold up in accessories going on. Then just the reversing camera..... then.....well, skint :pinch:

This, Andy:

www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Rigid-plastic-whe...C180&sr=8-2-fkmrnull

But, this is what arrived:

www.amazon.co.uk/BARGAINWORLDUK-Wheel-Co...C180&sr=8-3-fkmrnull

With nowt chromed on the Jimny, plain black is my preferred option.

I will wait until we are back home before I start ordering a "few" bits and pieces. :whistle:

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 May 2019 11:04 #207524 by Andy2640
Really like that semi-ridge cover mate! Not keen on the blingy one neither. Good choice!

• Guy 2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 May 2019 11:31 #207527 by Guy 2
Replied by Guy 2 on topic Re:Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5

Andy - I've really enjoyed all your posts about your new Jimny, and your obvious pleasure in the vehicle shines through. If I'm half as happy with mine when it arrives then I shall be content!

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 May 2019 12:39 #207532 by Andy2640

Guy 2 wrote:

Andy - I've really enjoyed all your posts about your new Jimny, and your obvious pleasure in the vehicle shines through. If I'm half as happy with mine when it arrives then I shall be content!

Thanks Guy!

I've been as honest and as authentic as possible reviewing the Jimny. I even asked myself - "Andy, are you over exaggerating this car cus its new and shiny etc.." The answer was - NO WAY. :-) This really is the nicest car i have owned, bags of character, lovable and practical, a WINNER all round IMO.

I've had 8 cars in my life, including a ford ST in bright orange, and the jims fun factor kicks them all in the balls ;-)

I look forward to your own jimny posts Guy! I'm confident you'll love it. Hope so anyways...

Cheers!

Cheers buddy!

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
08 May 2019 14:32 #207534 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5
What a poetic turn of phrase, kicking something where it hurts!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds