BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Gadget's 2019 hearing aid SZ5

More
10 Feb 2019 21:47 #202942 by Bob1050

Gadget wrote: If you buy the 'Street pack' (Promo ID 004772) you get the sensors and deluxe carpet mat set for £249 fitted.

I was tempted by that offer as I rather fancied the reversing sensors - but the deluxe carpets just don't suit my lifestyle. After hosing down my mud encrusted rubber mats today - I was thankful I didn't pay extra for deluxe carpets

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2019 16:17 #203212 by Gadget
Had a reversing camera installed today at Levoi's Suzuki in Colchester, very discreet and works nicely.

Attachments:

More
14 Feb 2019 16:23 - 14 Feb 2019 16:23 #203213 by Max Headroom
Wow! That IS discreet!

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 14 Feb 2019 16:23 by Max Headroom.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Feb 2019 16:51 #203218 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Gadget's 2019 hearing aid SZ5
Wow...... James bond himself would be proud. ;-)

Anyways, my rubbish jokes aside, it looks very tidy. The picture quality is impressive too.

More
14 Feb 2019 19:23 #203230 by Soeley
Very nice, got one on my shopping list :)

More
14 Feb 2019 19:27 #203231 by Gadget

Andy2640 wrote: Wow...... James bond himself would be proud. ;-)

Anyways, my rubbish jokes aside, it looks very tidy. The picture quality is impressive too.

Thanks Andy, just my phone - OnePlus 6T

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Feb 2019 17:42 #203276 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Gadget's 2019 hearing aid SZ5
So are you chaps seeing a massive difference in the 2 cameras spoken about. As in Suzi cam vs The amazon Cam?

I'm trying to way up what i may want. Picture is good on both, but Gadgets cam looks a fair bit clearer i think. - Worth the extra dosh??
(Scratch noggin).

More
15 Feb 2019 21:53 #203297 by Bob1050
Now left thinking "Maybe I should buy one of these"? Picture quality looks good. Thanks for posting.

More
15 Feb 2019 22:24 #203304 by Gadget
Hard to tell without seeing both side by side, could just be the camera or lighting. Personally I'd always prefer to go OEM, but they are a lot of money.

A nice bonus is that you can actually see when reversing at night now, rather than peering through the gloom of the privacy glass. This was taken in a completely unlit area, with just reverse/brake lights for illumination.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
20 Feb 2019 17:00 #203554 by Gadget
Always thought it was odd that the Gen4 DRLs were halogen, when they'd gone to the effort of fitting LED headlights to the SZ5. Decided to swap the DRLs out for aftermarket LED bulbs.

Bulbs used were: www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072XL5374/ref=cm_sw..._api_i_6cfBCb6DXEDCZ

Before and after shots, both taken with same shutter speed/aperture/ISO and white balance:

In order to get enough room to swap the bulbs, put the car on full lock towards the side you're working on. You then need to remove four push pins (red arrows) and one Philips screw (orange arrow) per side. Screw head is underneath the bumper.

Remove push pins by gently prising the centre section with a small flat screwdriver.

Pull loosened pin out.

Remove single Philips screw beneath bumper.

Carefully bend inner bumper backwards to access light fitting.

Fog and DRL bulbs are both in the same fitting. DRL is at the bottom, fog at the top. First remove the wiring connection by squeezing the fitting and pulling it off. Then grasp the bulb itself, rotate counter clockwise and remove.

Insert new bulb, turn clockwise to lock in place and then reattach wiring harness. Reverse previous steps to refit bumper inner.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max Headroom, Bill Portland, Soeley, JodieMarie22, Hanslow, Andy2640

More
22 Feb 2019 03:43 #203639 by Max Headroom
Great article - surely worth adding this to the Wiki?

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

• lee1980
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Feb 2019 08:07 #203651 by lee1980
Replied by lee1980 on topic Gadget's 2019 hearing aid SZ5
Yeah saw this on FB, need to save these things for us owners that may not get a new Jimny unitl 2025! ha
Is the wiki easy to find stuff on and can anyone add stuff?

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds