BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Gadget's 2019 hearing aid SZ5

More
29 May 2021 17:10 #235471 by Gadget
Managed to get wireless android auto working, just need to sort a wireless charger and I'll be completely wire free!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2021 17:12 #235472 by Gadget
Jimnybits have added some new front recovery points to their range. These ones don't require the front bumper to be cut, which is nice. Easy to fit too. 

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Portland, Dan

More
30 May 2021 17:58 #235491 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic Gadget's 2019 hearing aid SZ5
Thanks for posting up about these recovery points, I think I'll probably buy a pair of those at some point in the future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

More
25 May 2022 13:40 #243449 by Gadget
Swapped out the tailgate gas strut for a slightly longer one which allows the door to open to 90 degrees. Should allow me to fit a drawer setup on the rear driver's side now. It also locks in place, so that the tailgate can't swing closed onto you when parked on an incline.

Idea taken from Geordie Jimny's website:  90º tailgate door opening – Geordie Jimny

Parts used: 

2x NITROLIFT STAINLESS STEEL 10MM BALL SOCKET TO FIT M6 THREAD:  G2 - Stainless Steel 10mm Ball Socket 19mm long with a M6 female thread (sgs-engineering.com)
NITROLIFT GS8-18-200-250 FIXED FORCE GAS STRUT:  8mm rod 200mm stroke gas strut - GS8-18-200-250 (sgs-engineering.com)

I chose the safety locking tube option and stuck with the 280N or force, same as the stock item. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Soeley

More
25 May 2022 20:11 #243450 by Soeley
How does the lock work on it?

More
25 May 2022 21:10 #243452 by Gadget
There's a sleeve which they install over one of the strut tubes. It's offset with a spring so that at full extension it prevents the other tube retracting. Pushing in the orange section effectively straightens that sleeve, allowing the other tube to slide past it. Sadly only a single position lock and only works at full extension.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
26 May 2022 08:54 #243453 by Soeley
Just ordered for mine, thanks for the links 

More
29 May 2022 18:57 - 29 May 2022 18:58 #243495 by Soeley

Just ordered for mine, thanks for the links 
It's been delivered this weekend, not sure Friday or Saturday as I've been away, but quick service. All assembled as well, was expecting the sockets ends to be in a separate bag.
Last edit: 29 May 2022 18:58 by Soeley.

More
14 Jun 2022 17:59 #243703 by Bill Portland

Gadget wrote: There's a sleeve which they install over one of the strut tubes. It's offset with a spring so that at full extension it prevents the other tube retracting. Pushing in the orange section effectively straightens that sleeve, allowing the other tube to slide past it. Sadly only a single position lock and only works at full extension.

I got mine today and fitted it no problem, thanks you for the details. It's a shame you can't choose whether to engage the lock or not.

Sent from my Power Armor 13 using Tapatalk

More
22 Sep 2022 09:13 - 22 Sep 2022 09:14 #245045 by Gadget
Some minor changes over the last couple of weeks. 

Wanted a matte screen protector for my stereo - couldn't find anything designed for it, so used a tablet protector which does the job if you ignore the sensor cutout! 

Two things I've never understood are a) lack of an engine coolant temp gauge (blue/red light aside) and b) no digital speed display, despite the car being able to display the limited speed setting, really weird that could probably have been added with a dozen lines of code in the ECU.

Both fixed with a £30 OBD2 display from Amazon. It takes a while to power up the first time you use it, but after that it takes 2-3 seconds to come on and powers itself off 20 seconds after turning off the ignition. Displayed speed can be calibrated if it's mismatched to the speedo, but seems spot on up to 40mph, overreads by 1mph at 50 and by 2mph at 60. Visible in bright sunlight, not too obtrusive at night and doesn't look too out of place perched on the dash. Detachable mini USB cable can be tucked down between windscreen and dash, then run down behind dash to OBD port.

Note: photo not taken by driver!

Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Sep 2022 09:14 by Gadget.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Soeley

More
22 Sep 2022 09:34 #245046 by Soeley
Same here, would prefer a temp gauge, then you can see as soon as it starts going above normal. I have a Scangauge 2 on the dash for temp readout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds