×
BigJimny Meet 2019 (17 May 2019)

BigJimny Meet and off-road driving day



20TH OCTOBER 2019

NOW BOOKING - CLICK HERE


See HERE for details - See HERE for discussion

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Silky Silver SZ5

More
28 Jan 2019 19:24 #201938 by Themooingman
Replied by Themooingman on topic Silky Silver SZ5
Max all fair points especially regarding the wife ! I'll have a look at the aerial thing. Appreciate the link

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2019 17:45 - 15 Feb 2019 17:49 #203277 by Themooingman
Replied by Themooingman on topic Silky Silver SZ5
490 miles on the clock after circa 5 weeks. Engine feeling a bit looser, a bit less rough/tight and a little quieter on the motorway. Still very much enjoying the car.
Doors now shutting better.
Auto lights turned off as they are so sensitive - not sure if there is a control somewhere on the sensitivity....
DAB signal still hit and miss, drops a bit depending on station - and a bit more noticeable now than originally. Might get dealer to check the Ariel if i take it in for the 2 month check up.
Still showing 35 mpg as an overall figure.
Had 2 people come up to me at different times and ask what it was/looks cool etc. Which is nice.
Still have not seen another one on the road.
Finding the 'lean' a bit easier to live with and feeling my way round its handling now on corners and things. Taking it a bit further but not exactly sure how far i can take it round bends yet without it falling over !!
Seats for local journeys are fine but found they are a 'average' on longer journeys and feel they could be a bit deeper and more supportive at the sides for me.
Overall think its a great buy, as much as its a very capable off roader, it all suits the urban jungle due to size, height and general demeaner around town.
Shame we didn't see any snow a while a go as it would have been nice to give it a run out with 4WD working. Oh well next time.
Ill update again at 1,000 miles, could be a couple of months.
PS - hopefully an arm rest gets released - for me it needs one. Also may enquire about the rear parking camera which i see one or 2 on the facebook group seen to have which is a Suzuki accessory but wasn't offered to me !
Cheers guys, hope this informative.

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover
Last edit: 15 Feb 2019 17:49 by Themooingman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Andy2640
  • Andy2640's Avatar
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    Registered
  • Its better to have tried and failed.
More
15 Feb 2019 17:54 #203278 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Silky Silver SZ5
Nice update, thanks.

Dont know whether this is any good or suitable?

www.aliexpress.com/item/For-Suzuki-Jimny...der/32920390442.html

A wise man once said...... When we are Mean, Shout at People, Lose our Tempers, Swear, and generally act like Tool Bags, Never forget ..... We are all Cavemen in Suits, Uniforms and/or Overalls ..... Living in Semi-Concrete Jungles. Andy - 2019 AD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2019 18:06 #203280 by Themooingman
Replied by Themooingman on topic Silky Silver SZ5
Thanks armrest looks good. I know they ship but would consider when UK supplier. Appreciate the link

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Andy2640
  • Andy2640's Avatar
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    Registered
  • Its better to have tried and failed.
More
15 Feb 2019 19:24 - 15 Feb 2019 19:25 #203284 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Silky Silver SZ5

Themooingman wrote: 490 miles on the clock after circa 5 weeks. Engine feeling a bit looser, a bit less rough/tight and a little quieter on the motorway. Still very much enjoying the car.
Doors now shutting better.
Auto lights turned off as they are so sensitive - not sure if there is a control somewhere on the sensitivity....
DAB signal still hit and miss, drops a bit depending on station - and a bit more noticeable now than originally. Might get dealer to check the Ariel if i take it in for the 2 month check up.
Still showing 35 mpg as an overall figure.
Had 2 people come up to me at different times and ask what it was/looks cool etc. Which is nice.
Still have not seen another one on the road.
Finding the 'lean' a bit easier to live with and feeling my way round its handling now on corners and things. Taking it a bit further but not exactly sure how far i can take it round bends yet without it falling over !!
Seats for local journeys are fine but found they are a 'average' on longer journeys and feel they could be a bit deeper and more supportive at the sides for me.
Overall think its a great buy, as much as its a very capable off roader, it all suits the urban jungle due to size, height and general demeaner around town.
Shame we didn't see any snow a while a go as it would have been nice to give it a run out with 4WD working. Oh well next time.
Ill update again at 1,000 miles, could be a couple of months.
PS - hopefully an arm rest gets released - for me it needs one. Also may enquire about the rear parking camera which i see one or 2 on the facebook group seen to have which is a Suzuki accessory but wasn't offered to me !
Cheers guys, hope this informative.





This may help you in assessing your Jim's limitations :-)


A wise man once said...... When we are Mean, Shout at People, Lose our Tempers, Swear, and generally act like Tool Bags, Never forget ..... We are all Cavemen in Suits, Uniforms and/or Overalls ..... Living in Semi-Concrete Jungles. Andy - 2019 AD.
Last edit: 15 Feb 2019 19:25 by Andy2640.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2019 21:50 #203296 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Silky Silver SZ5

Themooingman wrote: 490 miles on the clock after circa 5 weeks. Engine feeling a bit looser, a bit less rough/tight and a little quieter on the motorway. Still very much enjoying the car.
Doors now shutting better.
Auto lights turned off as they are so sensitive - not sure if there is a control somewhere on the sensitivity....
DAB signal still hit and miss, drops a bit depending on station - and a bit more noticeable now than originally. Might get dealer to check the Ariel if i take it in for the 2 month check up.
Still showing 35 mpg as an overall figure.
Had 2 people come up to me at different times and ask what it was/looks cool etc. Which is nice.
Still have not seen another one on the road.
Finding the 'lean' a bit easier to live with and feeling my way round its handling now on corners and things. Taking it a bit further but not exactly sure how far i can take it round bends yet without it falling over !!
Seats for local journeys are fine but found they are a 'average' on longer journeys and feel they could be a bit deeper and more supportive at the sides for me.
Overall think its a great buy, as much as its a very capable off roader, it all suits the urban jungle due to size, height and general demeaner around town.
Shame we didn't see any snow a while a go as it would have been nice to give it a run out with 4WD working. Oh well next time.
Ill update again at 1,000 miles, could be a couple of months.
PS - hopefully an arm rest gets released - for me it needs one. Also may enquire about the rear parking camera which i see one or 2 on the facebook group seen to have which is a Suzuki accessory but wasn't offered to me !
Cheers guys, hope this informative.


Most informative and great to learn that you aren't returning to the dealer for any warranty; claims after 5 weeks usage. Interested that you have averaged less than 100 miles a week - so it looks like you aren't going to wear it out anytime soon!. Always like to read a good news story and it looks like owners of the new model aren't experiencing 'teething' troubles as the new model Jimny appears well screwed together.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2019 21:54 #203299 by Themooingman
Replied by Themooingman on topic Silky Silver SZ5
Thanks the video above - not sure I’ll worry about the lean !

Thanks the other comments yep appears well screwed together so far. I would expect to put maybe 5,000 a year on the Jimny and 4,000 on my focus RS so splitting the time between the 2.

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2019 18:27 #204935 by Themooingman
Replied by Themooingman on topic Silky Silver SZ5
Right another little update just under 750 miles. Sadly been away on business a couple of time so only local driving done recently and not a mega amount of it.
I now feel total comfortable with driving the car/the lean, got a very good handle on how it drives, but must admit after only ever having one SUV type car (a qashqai) its been a bit of a learning curve to get to grips with how it drives - not a bad thing but different ! The only other surprise, which i did not find that pleasant, but more the experience than the problem was in the recent winds, i did a few miles on a motorway and it blew about quite a bit. You need to keep it in check - a little unnerving ! Car itself has no problems and still feels well screwed together. Still very impressed with the headlights and the Stereo for what it is, although still suffering with very average DAB reception in places. Put some Suzuki roof bars on it as we might need to carry a couple of items in the summer and bizarrely the car looks better with them on !
Thinking about having the dealer fitting the rear view camera as i am not the person to take this on myself. it would have been so much better if it was an option on launch rather than appearing a month later....
No contact from the dealer in regard to the 2 months check up, although to be honest i dont feel it needs anything checked on really.
Still love it as a run around, local car and to some of the football tracks/bumpy car parks i have to visit. Do plan on taking it off road. Dont love it on the motorway, it can do it and it works fine, but prefer a normal car for long motorway work.
I still have not seen one on the road (again other than the one car in the dealership) and it does get some looks.
If i were to change anything or have a wish list and i know its a budget car, but would like to see as standard or as an option, Electric folding mirrors, some sort of panoramic roof would suit the car being able to see more of the great outdoors and i would like to see deeper more sculptured seats to hold you in a little more.
Anyway wont bore you all with any more at this point. Hope this helpful and you enjoy the comments and your cars.

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Portland, Andy2640, stiffsteve204me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2019 22:10 #204940 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Silky Silver SZ5

Themooingman wrote: ....
No contact from the dealer in regard to the 2 months check up, although to be honest i dont feel it needs anything checked on really.
.



Onus is totally on you to contact the dealer (not the other way around). This 'free' service has already been paid for by you - it's built into the price of the car. Totally up to you whether you avail yourself of the service but there's always the chance that the Suzuki tech spots something that might not be 100% correct and gets it sorted sooner rather than later?

I got the car checked over, cleaned outside and in and my service manual stamped - no drama and a degree of reassurance that all is well - and all over within the hour. Avoided the 'free' vending machine coffee - that was just one free offer too many.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2019 20:03 #205015 by Themooingman
Replied by Themooingman on topic Silky Silver SZ5
Bob thanks. Wasn’t told this. Appreciate it

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2019 23:01 #205114 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic Silky Silver SZ5

Bob1050 wrote:

Themooingman wrote: ....
No contact from the dealer in regard to the 2 months check up, although to be honest i dont feel it needs anything checked on really.
.



Onus is totally on you to contact the dealer (not the other way around). This 'free' service has already been paid for by you - it's built into the price of the car. Totally up to you whether you avail yourself of the service but there's always the chance that the Suzuki tech spots something that might not be 100% correct and gets it sorted sooner rather than later?

I got the car checked over, cleaned outside and in and my service manual stamped - no drama and a degree of reassurance that all is well - and all over within the hour. Avoided the 'free' vending machine coffee - that was just one free offer too many.


It amuses me how the different countries do things differently. You have a 2000km check up. We don'. The Australians get charged extra for paint other than white. Ours come with a 5yr 200000km warranty and a 60000km service plan. They decided that we are tough and don't need any of the safety features. 2 airbags is enough.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2019 18:29 #210754 by Themooingman
Replied by Themooingman on topic Silky Silver SZ5
Just a little update. Only up to 1,200 miles since i got it. Have been away for a bit and also have my other car.

Since last major post i have had the rear parking camera fitted by the dealer for £ 349 including fitting and VAT. Very pleased. Shame it was not offered as an option when i first got the car.

Onto the car itself, i am still amazed by it and it puts nice smile on my face. Plus still never seen another one on the road other than the demo at the dealership. I am still very much liking it for what it is. Most of its use is still around town and hauling the kids about at weekends to sporting events. Have taken it on a further couple of 50 mile motor way trips, but like some others, for me its not great on the motorway. 65 MPH is fine but much beyond that you need a 6th gear or a small turbo engine to give it a bit more poke. Have read some reviews and some people on the facebook group that have bought and sold a Gen 4 already as they perceived it would be perfect but just not worked for them. For me i don't think that is the case, if i was a regular motorway driver then maybe but as i have access to something else then it totally works.

Also so far everything has been bullet proof, nothing fallen off, everything is still smart and the engine i guess seems to have loosened now to where it will be which makes it a better car - the first 400 or so miles it was very noticeably tight.

I am still very much pleased its hit the spot for me and i have had various conversations with people saying wow, whats that ? etc etc.

2 bits of luxury that i would have liked to see on the car now time has gone on a little bit (and i know its not a luxury car but...) would be electric fold-able mirrors and some form of panoramic roof as i think being a outdoor type car that would make the interior a nicer place to be.

However all good and looking forward to some more happy motoring and hopefully as the autumn/winter starts to come some proper 4 WD action at some point rather than some mild off road country track type driving !!

Anyone that wants a Gen 4 or whom is waiting for theirs to arrive wont be disappointed.

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

I hope you enjoy using this forum. Please consider making a donation towards the upkeep of this forum website.