BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5

More
24 Jul 2021 22:45 #236939 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
Wow this Jimny's incredible, it's got more gadgets than James Bond's Aston Martin DB5

Have you thought about fitting an ejector seat?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2021 23:17 #236940 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
Tidy work as always!

Here's a issue for you to contemplate if you get bored.... there's no way to turn off the airflow from the two centre vents in the dash. Not a problem when I'm solo in the car as I just point them at the passenger seat, however when my wife's with me, we can't angle the vents in such as way as to completely avoid air blowing directly at one of us. I was thinking of fabricating some kind of shroud or cover from Kydex (plastic sheet you can thermoform), but if your ingenious mind thinks of any alternatives, please let me know! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
25 Jul 2021 08:58 #236946 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5

Wow this Jimny's incredible, it's got more gadgets than James Bond's Aston Martin DB5

Have you thought about fitting an ejector seat?
Now that you mention it 

More
25 Jul 2021 09:01 #236948 by Soeley

Tidy work as always!

Here's a issue for you to contemplate if you get bored.... there's no way to turn off the airflow from the two centre vents in the dash. Not a problem when I'm solo in the car as I just point them at the passenger seat, however when my wife's with me, we can't angle the vents in such as way as to completely avoid air blowing directly at one of us. I was thinking of fabricating some kind of shroud or cover from Kydex (plastic sheet you can thermoform), but if your ingenious mind thinks of any alternatives, please let me know! :)
So something similar to the old radio covers we used to see in the 80's to hide your expensive head unit?

More
25 Jul 2021 11:16 #236954 by Coco BT
Replied by Coco BT on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
great work. where did you get your rear cargo nets from?

More
25 Jul 2021 11:27 - 25 Jul 2021 11:29 #236955 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5

Tidy work as always!

l was thinking this too, when the A/C is set to Auto you tend to get blasted with cold air through the centre vents, and if you manually select an alternative it shuts off the auto function.
Some sort of deflector might work. Anybody got a 3D printer  to fabricate one? You might sell a few as well !

Last edit: 25 Jul 2021 11:29 by lightning.

More
25 Jul 2021 11:51 #236956 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5

So something similar to the old radio covers we used to see in the 80's to hide your expensive head unit?
Kind of. Don't want to clog your thread up, but I have a working prototype! Paper -> card. Need to order some plastic sheet now :)

Attachments:

More
25 Jul 2021 14:05 #236960 by Soeley
No problem Gadget, so more of a deflector than a cover.

More
25 Jul 2021 16:55 #236964 by Soeley

great work. where did you get your rear cargo nets from?
Hi Coco, sorry for the delay. See this link  Amazon .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coco BT

More
14 Jan 2022 19:19 #241125 by Soeley
Good day today, collected the Jimny from my dealers after having had 3rd year service and 1st MOT. Passed with flying colours, no advisories and the health check was also a sea of green.

I did wonder if my sunstrip would get picked up, as i read they can't fall within the wiper sweep, but it is just above eye level, so maybe they just applied some common sense?

Ashamed to say I have only covered 4286 in the last 12 months 

More
14 Jan 2022 22:52 #241135 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
Good news at several levels - Enjoy 2022 motoring in your Jimny. Like you I got a similar result - service, MOT and no advisories and a lower annual mileage than budgeted.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
15 Jan 2022 07:13 #241143 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
4286? Wow I really must try harder not to drive everywhere, I've done 8496 since last June!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds