BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5

More
17 Jan 2019 13:03 #200956 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
Is it the fog lights that are used as DRLs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2019 14:39 - 17 Jan 2019 19:28 #200964 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
Yes, there is a visible bulb that lights for the DRL and what looks to be LED that lights for fog lights, so they are dual use. Will try and think on tomorrow and try them out to see how much light they put out.
Last edit: 17 Jan 2019 19:28 by Soeley. Reason: Typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

• MrPaynterZA
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jan 2019 17:14 #200972 by MrPaynterZA
Replied by MrPaynterZA on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
The black really is beautiful!
I wish you many happy miles!

More
17 Jan 2019 17:32 #200974 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
The black looks really good, enjoy!

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
17 Jan 2019 19:29 #201006 by Soeley
Cheers guys, I'm waiting for the weekend to get some better pictures.

More
18 Jan 2019 20:12 #201086 by Soeley
Well I did my first ever bit of Off Roading today, I'm sure to a lot of the experienced members on here it would be nothing, but when the roughest you have ever driven down before is a cobbled street, it was a little adventure. It was only a farm lane near me, but you would not take a car down there. The bit you can see is the smooth part

DRLS On

Side Lights (Note: DRLS stay on)

Dipped Beam

Fog Lights

More
18 Jan 2019 21:41 #201097 by Soeley
Also a nice surprise, I removed the spare wheel cover to find an alloy wheel under there, was sure it would be a steel wheel. Not sure what to do now, leave the cover on, remove it or get a custom cover?
The cover is held on with a locking wheel nut, underneath are three wheel nuts holding the wheel. In my eyes if the plastic cover was forced off, the wheel is then not protected by a locking nut. Wondering if the locking nut should be on the wheel and std nut on the cover?

Any thoughts?

More
18 Jan 2019 21:56 #201101 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5

Soeley wrote: Also a nice surprise, I removed the spare wheel cover to find an alloy wheel under there, was sure it would be a steel wheel. Not sure what to do now, leave the cover on, remove it or get a custom cover?
The cover is held on with a locking wheel nut, underneath are three wheel nuts holding the wheel. In my eyes if the plastic cover was forced off, the wheel is then not protected by a locking nut. Wondering if the locking nut should be on the wheel and std nut on the cover?

Any thoughts?

I wouldn't worry about it (Unless you are from South Africa). The size tyre is not common, so shouldn't be a target, and I doubt there are many thieving Jimny owners

More
18 Jan 2019 22:12 #201103 by Themooingman
I got the rigid case on mine as no idea these days if people target tyres or try to vandalism them. The cover has a key lock at the bottom. However it does not fit over the plastic cover and the dealer removed that and left it in the car. ( now stored in my garage)
Rigid cover is quite nice but with everything I guess it’s eye of the beholder stuff.

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover

More
18 Jan 2019 22:13 #201105 by Soeley
Didn't think about tyre size to tell the truth, I suppose it is quite a different thing to car tyre size issues. Another benefit to getting a Jimny!

More
18 Jan 2019 23:17 #201106 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
Oh no! This pristine, shiny new rare model Jimny has just been trashed by its owner assaulting a dirty farm track. That's its residual value collapsing faster than Brexit negotiations. Imagine the hours of detailing now required to recover the 'as new' look. Even the inside must have suffered from your dirty boots after getting out to take a few pictures. On a more serious note - did you try out the transfer box in high and low ranges to check it works?

More
19 Jan 2019 18:05 #201161 by Soeley
Well got one job done today, I have 2ch BlackVue dash cam so needed to get the rear camera fitted. It connects to the front camera via a cable. Front and rear interior lights removed and the use of mouse enabled me to pull the cable from front to back. I had to remove the headlining trim clips and rear grab handles to allow the headlining to drop enough to manage.

As a side note the Handbook shows an internal release for the rear door (might see if one is available on the net) on the trim panel you can see there is a knock out for fitting the release.

Once the cable was pulled through to the back, I managed to feed it down inside the C post and pull it through the wiring gaiter hole in the rear door frame, through the actual gaiter and into the door cavity. Using some stiff wire with bent hook on the end the cable was pulled through and out next to the wiper motor bracket.

I realised if I trimmed down the connector it would fit through the heated rear window wire hole.

The camera cable runs up along with heated rear window wire, and then fits just nicley in the gap between the window frame and the rear glass, up and around to the camera.

Minimal cable on show, how I like it. Next job is to hard wire the actual camera so it is not kept plugged into the front power socket.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds