BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5

More
12 Aug 2020 10:33 #226550 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
That's great value. I've spent more than that on a single MOLLE pouch in the past! Just ordered one myself, thanks for the link.:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2020 11:28 - 22 Sep 2020 11:28 #228443 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
Thanks to someone on the FB group I now have an Aux input on the Gen4. Might as well put my MiniDisc player to use.

Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Sep 2020 11:28 by Soeley.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Sep 2020 14:12 #228446 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
Cripes, Mini Disc! I used to have one of those, I'm not sure what I would plug in to an aux connector now. Chris

More
25 Sep 2020 13:54 - 25 Sep 2020 14:01 #228532 by Soeley
As my kit expands, I need to find secure places to tie them down. Recently bought a bottle jack as I'm sure the supplied scissor jack will be useless off road, not even sure it will cope with the 40mm lift on tarmac. Also some blocks of wood for soft ground.

25mm x 4mm flat bar. I ended up using two pieces welded together in the middle. (2 meter length was too big to get home so bought 2 x 1 meter).

Thought it might give too much if only bolted at the ends, so added a central brace.

Tie down points removed for now, and bolted in place.

Found a bracket underneath the carpet under the cup holder. It has two holes that are perfect for a couple of M5 rivnuts.

Back from the powder coaters.

Thought that would be better than a painted finish inside the car.

Final fit with tie down points over the top of the flat bar.

2 x M5 bolts in to the random bracket. Just a small notch needed on the bottom edge of the cup holder.

Bottle jack in its case strapped down and folding Zombie shovel with the jack pads next to it. Might get another strap and tie the blocks down separately.

No longer rattling around loose.
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Sep 2020 14:01 by Soeley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAGZOOK, lookonimages

More
25 Sep 2020 16:44 #228538 by lookonimages

Soeley wrote: As my kit expands, I need to find secure places to tie them down. Recently bought a bottle jack as I'm sure the supplied scissor jack will be useless off road, not even sure it will cope with the 40mm lift on tarmac. Also some blocks of wood for soft ground.

25mm x 4mm flat bar. I ended up using two pieces welded together in the middle. (2 meter length was too big to get home so bought 2 x 1 meter).

Thought it might give too much if only bolted at the ends, so added a central brace.

Tie down points removed for now, and bolted in place.

Found a bracket underneath the carpet under the cup holder. It has two holes that are perfect for a couple of M5 rivnuts.

Back from the powder coaters.

Thought that would be better than a painted finish inside the car.

Final fit with tie down points over the top of the flat bar.

2 x M5 bolts in to the random bracket. Just a small notch needed on the bottom edge of the cup holder.

Bottle jack in its case strapped down and folding Zombie shovel with the jack pads next to it. Might get another strap and tie the blocks down separately.

No longer rattling around loose.

Very nice

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

More
25 Sep 2020 17:08 #228543 by DAGZOOK
Replied by DAGZOOK on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
Absolutely love the look of your rear door awning Soeley! have you got a list of materials/prices available? That would be just the ticket for weekends away with the dog (and the mrs :silly: )

More
25 Sep 2020 17:18 #228546 by Soeley
It was made from left overs from my big awning, but basically a camping/hiking tarp to cut to size.
1 meter of Kador strip and some Ally C-section these are the Poles I have.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAGZOOK

More
28 Oct 2020 15:34 #229530 by Soeley
Blindspot mirrors came today, not quite the same as the OEM one fitted to the Japanese market but a good match.

Got them from Cartist01

Attachments:

More
16 Jan 2021 22:12 #231860 by Soeley

More
06 Feb 2021 13:19 #232535 by Soeley
Another cheeky little storage mod. Got to admit I pinched the idea after seeing it on another group. Brolly fits perfectly and doesn't get squashed when the door is shut.

Attachments:

More
17 Apr 2021 20:07 - 17 Apr 2021 20:13 #234536 by lookonimages
I have missed this section about your fire extinguisher in your thread of your jimny. You made the fire extinguisher bracket very detailed with all the curls. I like your attention to detail.

Also seen the post about that other type of extinguisher. I will see if I can find that in south Africa.

I like all the things you have added/made
Last edit: 17 Apr 2021 20:13 by lookonimages.

More
24 Jul 2021 19:11 - 24 Jul 2021 19:17 #236938 by Soeley
A nice little addition for longer/motorway journeys. I had spotted this MUD Defender armrest and thought the profile looked similar to the Jimnys door card.
MUDSTUFF

I trimmed 17mm from the lip that hooks over the door top. (Defenders mustn't have an internal weather seal)

Luckily I had a damaged centre arm rest, that I'd kept (never throw anything away  )

Fabric removed and you have the foam padding.

Mark out the plastic shell to suit your template.

And cut to size. Then cut the foam padding to size and trim with the fabric removed earlier.

It provides a much more comfortable elbow rest when on long boring roads.
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Jul 2021 19:17 by Soeley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Gadget, lookonimages

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds