BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

My rusty jimny

• Peter Gaspar
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2018 15:46 #197469 by Peter Gaspar
My rusty jimny was created by Peter Gaspar
Hi all,

I was in the garage this week with my Jimny an I have change to see my car from bottom.

Here are the photos:

www.irista.com/gallery/u9wj0ibpace8

Is it so bad?
How can I deal with it?
What do you recommend?

Thaks for any reply.

Regards

Peter G.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
  • Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
08 Nov 2018 18:04 #197473 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic My rusty jimny
Some welding needed on the body mounts and surrounding areas there. not too bad if you can weld.

As Jack says, Buzzweld is excellent, but it needs patching done first.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
08 Nov 2018 21:51 - 08 Nov 2018 21:53 #197500 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic My rusty jimny
No fast fix for this sorry to say, but it can be done. , You need to remove any loose rust and undrseal you can get at, treat with a rust converter and overpaint with Buzzweld RPC. Then re apply underseal in the areas you have removed it and spray the complete underside with black waxoyl. Treat any box sections internally with dinatrol, takes about 4 cans on a Jimny.
This of course is after you have patched any rot holes. For a nice surprise have a look at the front body mounts under the front wheel arch liners, if you are lucky it will not need welding. It took me two weeks to treat our Jimny, but its now 100% rust free underneath and protected.

This is just my way of doing things, but we all appear to agree that Buzzweld is good stuff and the Jimny rusts :lol:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 08 Nov 2018 21:53 by Scimike.

More
09 Nov 2018 06:43 #197516 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic My rusty jimny
There's a lot of rust to cut out and replace with fresh metal there.

Good luck. I'd not bother.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds