BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Ola`s jimny project

More
10 Apr 2018 18:08 #191537 by Keithy
I guess it escalated a little....rebore and a few bits for inside the engine...ran a GT1544 previous on the M13.....went like a scalded cat!

So I've decided that with 500hp rods and 9:1 pistons I need a bigger turbo.....I have a 6 speed Lexus IS 200 gearbox and am considering a Landrover transfer box as it was a little hairy in the wet with the turbo and just RWD

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Apr 2018 21:38 #191546 by OlaGB

Keithy wrote: I guess it escalated a little....rebore and a few bits for inside the engine...ran a GT1544 previous on the M13.....went like a scalded cat!

So I've decided that with 500hp rods and 9:1 pistons I need a bigger turbo.....I have a 6 speed Lexus IS 200 gearbox and am considering a Landrover transfer box as it was a little hairy in the wet with the turbo and just RWD

And here i was, thinking my project where getting a bit out of hand :P :P :P
Going to follow youre project for sure! Been building some 4-600hp Audi and Bmw`s myself before, so i find the high power builds very interesting!
But theres no way i`m going down that road for my own jimny :laugh:

More
11 Apr 2018 07:36 #191558 by yakuza

Keithy wrote: I guess it escalated a little....

I just love this! :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Apr 2018 14:34 #191567 by OlaGB
Motor will be sendt tomorrow, and i`ve ordered alot of parts from Partsouq for the swap.. Waterpump, thermostat, crank pulley, tensioner wheel, gaskets etc.

Just left to decide if it`s worth the extra money to buy the Exedy safari tough over the stock exedy.. Over 3 times the price, so i doubt it, but ill get pissed if i have to pull the gearbox again soon haha.

What clutch does the M18a guys use?

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Apr 2018 15:35 #191681 by OlaGB
Just got home from 2 weeks of work, and a nice delivery guy had brought presents from jimnybits B)

Guess ill start wrenching next week, but first a couple 'before' pics:

Attachments:

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2018 09:35 - 16 Apr 2018 09:35 #191743 by OlaGB
Installed Trailmaster steering damper, 2" Trailmaster comfort lift kit and Trailgear brakelines on both axles!
And delivered rims and tires to be mounted, going to get them this afternoon..
A quick detailing job + fit all new bushings in front trail arms tomorrow !

Not sure i like running a steering damper yet though. Feels like im going to hate it in the winter, as it slows down the steering a bit too much8 when i need to be quick.
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Apr 2018 09:35 by OlaGB.

More
16 Apr 2018 10:21 #191745 by yakuza

OlaGB wrote: Installed Trailmaster steering damper, 2" Trailmaster comfort lift kit and Trailgear brakelines on both axles!

Not sure i like running a steering damper yet though. Feels like im going to hate it in the winter, as it slows down the steering a bit too much8 when i need to be quick.

I have only good things to say about my steering damper. Also for winter driving. I think bump steer and wobbling is a bigger problem than the slower response on the steering which i can not say i have noticed so much.
After you get the caster correction bushings in, the car pretty much straighten itself. The difference with or without them is so big i think it should not be allowed to lift the car without fixing the caster angle.
On the Arctic Jimny they repositioned the inner/aft brackets of the front arms down to fix the caster angle.

Pretty sure my Trailmaster lift kit only had the rear longer brake lines?

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OlaGB

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2018 10:58 #191748 by OlaGB

yakuza wrote:

OlaGB wrote: Installed Trailmaster steering damper, 2" Trailmaster comfort lift kit and Trailgear brakelines on both axles!

I have only good things to say about my steering damper. Also for winter driving. I think bump steer and wobbling is a bigger problem than the slower response on the steering which i can not say i have noticed so much.
After you get the caster correction bushings in, the car pretty much straighten itself. The difference with or without them is so big i think it should not be allowed to lift the car without fixing the caster angle.
On the Arctic Jimny they repositioned the inner/aft brackets of the front arms down to fix the caster angle.

Pretty sure my Trailmaster lift kit only had the rear longer brake lines?

Good, i wont write it off just yet then!

Yeah the kit had 2 brake lines included for some reason, and manual only mentioned rear axle..
I bought a full kit of trail gear brake lines due to i want to be able to remove (or make quick link) the front stabilizer bar. The stock lines are too short for that, atleast thats what ive read..

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2018 14:33 #191754 by OlaGB
After using the grinder with a thin blade, the wheels finally fit !
Not sure if its completly rub free offroad yet but we'll see!

Looks a bit better now?

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2018 15:03 #191756 by MadsV
Beautiful, next time i will go for 235’s. What offset are those wheels?
Where do you live btw?

• mdog18
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2018 15:58 #191758 by mdog18
Great build and i love the look of the 235's - looking forward to updates on the engine swap.

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2018 17:33 #191763 by OlaGB

MadsV wrote: Beautiful, next time i will go for 235’s. What offset are those wheels?
Where do you live btw?

Yes, 235 looks the best IMO.. Gonna run the Rupes bigfoot on it tomorrow, removing some scratches and make it shine :)

I live in Sunndalsøra!

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds