BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Oct 2017 21:39 #184763 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian
Was putting in the interior in the back today and I figured i had to put some speakers in when I first had it out. A friend had some I could use, they were not 4 inches but a bit over 6, so I had to chop off a bit to make them fit. It came with tweeters also so I made them fit on a cover Wired them up to the amplifier I have underneat the driver seat(left one in my case)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Oct 2017 12:12 #184998 by MadsV
New tyres came today, 215 75 15 Hankook. Too bad offset wheels are not in stock on jimnybits in another three weeks! Getting the 2” Trailmaster tomorrow so got something to do

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Oct 2017 20:28 #185069 by MadsV
look what came in today! Was just going to take a look at how much work it was but ended up changing them! Took me 2.5 hours with good equipment. Put the grill on the rear shock bolts, came of easy.
Have to drive with it for a couple weeks for it to settle then do a wheel alignment. Changed stab links at the same time. Would really recommend the comfort trailmaster! Totally different car now, not bouncy at all :)

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Oct 2017 21:50 #185072 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian
Nice one looking good :) :)

More
11 Oct 2017 06:09 - 11 Oct 2017 06:10 #185083 by yakuza
Great looking, and 2.5 hours? took me 5 at least.
I liked your grill!
I usually weld on a nut on stuck bolts, gives the same effect but more time consuming.

I recommend to also change to offset bushings in the front radius arms to correct the angles. makes it much better handling after the lift. Beware that some of the bushings being sold does not give enough correction for two inch lift.
Still managed to get green numbers on the wheel alignment print out to get it approved at the "vegvesen" though..

Steering damper as well makes for nice handling and is recommended if you go for bigger tyres..

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 11 Oct 2017 06:10 by yakuza.

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Oct 2017 07:12 #185086 by MadsV
Yes the induction heater works well, dont know what we did before it. Will order a steering damper on jimnybits when they get the offset wheels in, maybe buy some of the bushes also :)
Picking up my tyres from siping later today, dont think i can wait for the new rims to try them on!

More
11 Oct 2017 08:34 #185091 by yakuza

MadsV wrote: Yes the induction heater works well, dont know what we did before it. Will order a steering damper on jimnybits when they get the offset wheels in, maybe buy some of the bushes also :)
Picking up my tyres from siping later today, dont think i can wait for the new rims to try them on!

Did you get the siping done locally? I heard a transport company in Ørsta (there is only one :) ) has a siping machine but i haven't gotten around to check for price yet..

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Oct 2017 09:23 #185093 by MadsV
Storbilservice here in Straumgjerde have a machine, 150NOK pr tyre. Thats a fair price I think :)

More
11 Oct 2017 11:27 #185097 by yakuza

MadsV wrote: Storbilservice here in Straumgjerde have a machine, 150NOK pr tyre. Thats a fair price I think :)

It sure is :)

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Oct 2017 16:29 - 12 Oct 2017 19:10 #185135 by MadsV
Couldnt help myself, had to try them on! The old winter tyres was rubbish anyway so put them on there until i get new rims.
Was looking at the stab links, they look like this: Is it normal that one is straight vertical and the other has an angle? Could it be because i dont have castor bushes? I loosened all the bushes when the axle was lifted and tighten afterwords
Last edit: 12 Oct 2017 19:10 by Lambert. Reason: Naughty word altered

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Oct 2017 16:31 #185136 by MadsV
In another thaught why would the links have anything to do with the castor bushes..

• Iaitoo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Oct 2017 16:37 #185137 by Iaitoo
Replied by Iaitoo on topic Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian
Both seems to be at an angle, though the other one more so than the other. At least they are angled the same way. Are both tires on the floor? Maybe the anti roll bar is not centered in it's mounts on the chassis.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds