BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Sep 2017 21:47 #184238 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian
Cleaned the car inside today, was pretty filthy after working in the boot. Also tried to fit baleno seats, but they are to wide for the jimny frame so its going to be a lot of work and i dont have the time for that, rather look out for some newer jimny seats!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2017 06:03 - 19 Sep 2017 06:08 #184242 by yakuza
Very good amount of very good work!
I like the boot-fix. This car has a frame so many panels can be just glued that has little or no impact on the stability of the body.
I am thinking about spraying bumpers, fender flares, and side panels with bedliner. maybe dark grey, or black..
I know there will be more scrathces and rubbing..

Seats from 2004 or later than 2009 (i think) has better leather seats. especially 2004 seats are easy to come by. There is a 2004 jimny in Brandal at Aasenbil.no, just in from Ørsta. The car crashed a couple of months ago, but has not been without the windows too long i hope for the seats.
And it is possible to get a good deal at Aasen Bil.

Stay away from 2006-2008 seats. They have no side support and rear seat does not come fully down to a flat surface. Very annoying.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 19 Sep 2017 06:08 by yakuza.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadsV

More
19 Sep 2017 06:28 #184243 by j999pre
Do all the seat base holes line up on the seat swap? If it's just the bar that runs through the back of the seat that is too short then extended it. You can then drill another hole in the mounting tab on the seat frame to the floor to allow for the greater width.

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Sep 2017 07:28 #184245 by MadsV
The baleno seat is to wide for the frame.
I found leather seats in sweden, also recaros from ignis but they dont come cheap!

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Sep 2017 22:42 #184542 by MadsV
Did a quick one step polish tonight with a Fusso top coating on top. A good cleaning first Quick paint test, not really known for thick paint the japanese cars. This is no exception, acrylic paint so wore down it actually went through! Looks reprecentable now, i’ll probably paint some more on it but think i’ll wait untill spring and change the windshield at the same time.

Anyone got one of these covers?

More
More
28 Sep 2017 06:22 #184601 by kirkynut
Crickey, lots of work done to keep this Jimjam on the road for some time to come! Keep up the good work.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
28 Sep 2017 15:33 #184611 by jackonlyjack
do you want the roof bar end cap ?
postage to Norway is quite expensive

Jack

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Sep 2017 16:01 #184612 by MadsV
You didnt get my PM? What do you want for it and how much is the shipping?

More
28 Sep 2017 16:12 #184613 by jackonlyjack

MadsV wrote: You didnt get my PM? What do you want for it and how much is the shipping?

You have a PM Mads ;)

More
  • MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Sep 2017 08:56 #184671 by MadsV
Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds