BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

another Jimny from AU!

More
  • Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 May 2017 20:25 #181438 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic another Jimny from AU!
They used to be cheaper than that inc fitting on black circle site :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jimcraig
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 May 2017 20:42 #181439 by jimcraig
Replied by jimcraig on topic Re:another Jimny from AU!

1066Boy wrote: Hi mate. I have been thinking of getting the KL71's in the same size (215/75/15)
I have had comments from others saying that they are a little smaller than published size?
Could you do me a favour and measure how tall yours are? My current tyres are 28"
and I am told these are about the same. I would like it confirmed before I go and buy a set. :)
Also how are you finding them on and off road?

Mine are about 27.7", maybe a touch less.

So far and as far as I can tell they are unreal, have had no issues with traction on road and I drive like a madman! Even in the wet they are very good. Off road they perform just as well, have been mainly using them in mud and super steep rock/clay and they have been performing awesomely, they self clean real well in the mud.

The only negative side I can see to them is that they're directional so either you need two spares or you may have to run one backwards for a bit!

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 May 2017 06:02 #181445 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic Re:another Jimny from AU!
Thanks for that, they sound just the job for my plans. :)

• jimcraig
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Oct 2017 08:01 - 21 Oct 2017 08:06 #185392 by jimcraig
Long time since i updated! Been getting heaps done lately on the jim

False floor:

Excuse the mess, I had a bag of pea straw in the back and it tore open :pinch:

I got rid of the old flimsy plastic trim on the rear door and decided to make something more solid, made a proper speaker box to house my 6x9s and a table

Despite lots of naysayers, I made a roof console and it's actually really good! Never hit my head on it and it's a great spot for maps and other bits and bobs

Will also be making a recovery point in the near future similar to this so I don't kill people when I'm getting snatched! (although I never get stuck hehe)

Over the summer I will be working lots and am planning many inches of lift and a tyre diameter increase B) Also looking at building a new custom bar...

Have also been getting back into my other hobby, knife making! Here's a little treat i just finished off

- Nick
Last edit: 21 Oct 2017 08:06 by jimcraig.

• jimcraig
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Oct 2018 04:00 #197156 by jimcraig
Hey everyone. Been a looong time since I updated. Just reading through the thread proves to me how much I've learnt haha I really was a noob (probably still am).

Been doing quite a few things to Jim craig...

Had an incident on an east coast trip where my stupidity got my lights, roof rack, solar panel, shovel, maxtrax, awning and even my cruddy $20 air horn got stolen when I left my car on the side of the road overnight. Was a difficult situation where it was really the only option. Was lucky they didn't break in to the car as I had my fridge and most of my belongings in there.

Here he is looking bare at the Big Banana. Slammed as f*ck with the old stock springs!

Did a rear bumper chop and added some flaps (peninsula truck parts lol)

Had an incident on a tight high country track near Licola where I bounced out of the ruts on a steep hill and into the bank... Lost my indicator and dented front quarter and drivers door. Needed sliders!

Got a 2" jimnybits black raptor lift, extended brake lines. Here he is tuckin nicely. Built a new roofrack and greatly improved on the previous one. New mounting system spreads the load over the whole roof surface rather than 4 small contact patches. It's also lower. Carries my surf ski with ease! New shovel racks, reverse lights as well.

Did a summer trip to Robe. Unreal spot! Did a couple of stunts in the dunes.

Got an ARB bar at last. Second hand for $250, couldnt say no.

I managed to squeeze a 105 AH Ritar AGM under the hood to power my old 60L waeco (soon to be replaced with a 40L engel.

Improved my roof console, put in some lighting.

Made a little speaker box to house some 6.5 kicker splits powered by an el cheapo amp under my false floor. Yes I know the tweeters are behind my head so I'm not getting the most out of the setup however it's miles ahead of any other speaker I could put in stock locations. I also whacked some kicker 4's in the stock locations

Gives me a good spot to hang a rod

Thinking of putting some netting up between the back of the speaker box and the top of the rear door to put light bulky things like pillows

-Nick

• jimcraig
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Oct 2018 04:02 - 30 Oct 2018 04:06 #197157 by jimcraig
Mods list to come:

- 235s or 30s
- Chop chop
- Spring spacers & new shocks
- Extended bumpstops
- some sort of gearing
- diff/transfer/gearbox breathers
- new fridge
- drawers
- wiring overhaul and new dual batt tray
- new panels and paint for damaged side
- diy rear swing away that fits with the stock bumper as my back door is gonna lose it soon. i’ve already re-pinned the hinges once
- G16B if i can find one. Considering buying one with a few kms and doing a rebuild.
Last edit: 30 Oct 2018 04:06 by jimcraig.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
30 Oct 2018 06:40 #197161 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:another Jimny from AU!
That's coming along nicely!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds