BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Irish Jimny

• BlueMudMonster
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Nov 2016 18:44 #174113 by BlueMudMonster
Irish Jimny was created by BlueMudMonster
So heres my little Jimny! The way you see it below so how I bought it

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

it was in need of a lot of attention! New king pins bearings, wheel bearing front and rear, swivels seal, shaft all seals, pads and discs up front, rear cylinders, shoes and fitting kit, full service including diff and transfer box oils, timing belt and water pump and all auxiliary belts! Got all that sorted, put it thru the test and failed on emissions, new lambda sensor sorted that and it was then road legal!! First off roading trip the weekend after and well........

File Attachment:

Didn't really go to plan to say the least! But sure dragged her back onto all fours and the damage could have been a hell of a lot worse! Broke a headlight, bent the anti roll, damage to the wing, bonnet, roof and rear quarter.. But nothing to major! Got a wing and a headlight and she was on the road the next week!

As time went on the modifcations continued, light bars, winch, flood lights on the roof, rear locker, compressor, extended diff breathers, respray..... Just recently fitting a set of 31x10.5x15 on a set of Wellers with 'slight' trimming to the arches!

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

The above photos are the test fit so since the arches were trimmed and all four 31's are on the jeep so its not sitting to one side! I will get some photos of it currently and get them up.

Next on the list is to get the 410 box out in the shed fitted, which if goes to plan and I get the cradle from Redacted this week will be this weekend!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2016 19:25 #174117 by jackonlyjack

• JimnyMax
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Nov 2016 02:48 #174131 by JimnyMax
Replied by JimnyMax on topic Irish Jimny
Glad you got it sorted. Your Jimny is looking awesome now in black! :)

• BlueMudMonster
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Nov 2016 12:10 #174146 by BlueMudMonster
Replied by BlueMudMonster on topic Irish Jimny
3' suspension lift... Was a guessing game if the 31's would work with no body lift but so far so good!

• Venter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Nov 2016 15:16 #174149 by Venter
Replied by Venter on topic Irish Jimny
The white rims really go well with the black body.

What offset are they and where did you get them?

• BlueMudMonster
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Nov 2016 14:27 #174263 by BlueMudMonster
Replied by BlueMudMonster on topic Irish Jimny
The only stamp I can find on them is 7x15', no off set size so I don't really know. I bought them second hand. With the white base and red and blue pin strips around the rim I assumed that they were Wellers, but again, I would have guessed they would be stamped 'Weller' if that was the case!

• Venter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2016 12:37 #174315 by Venter
Replied by Venter on topic Irish Jimny
No worries. Nice though, think Rhinorays does a white rim too, not sure of offset on that either

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds