BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

My 2000 Suzuki Jimny 35x12,5x15

• thordur9
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Aug 2016 19:59 - 14 Aug 2016 20:00 #171310 by thordur9
My 2000 Suzuki Jimny 35x12,5x15 was created by thordur9
Hello, I just wanted to post some pics of my Jimny, I have been modifying it for several weeks.

It has 2" suspension lift, 2" inch body lift, custom wheel arches, air compressor in the hood/bonnet, poly bushes everywhere and so on.

I modified this car especially for mountain and glacial driving in Iceland, I live in Iceland.

Hope you guys like it, and feel free to comment.

After finishing the build and taking a few glacial tours I will paint the car, I am thinking about painting it with the new VW blue color, I really like that color.

Best regards, Thordur
From Iceland.
Last edit: 14 Aug 2016 20:00 by thordur9.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wilku
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Aug 2016 22:45 #171316 by wilku
Replied by wilku on topic My 2000 Suzuki Jimny 35x12,5x15
Wow. Before I read your post till the end I thought: is he from Iceland?!

Have you replaced the axles with some custom, stronger ones? I think that 35" wheels may soon prove to be too much for those thin, fragile oem axles...

And another thing: how does the 1.3 engine handle monster wheels like that? Does it have enouh power to accelerate at all?

• thordur9
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Aug 2016 11:50 #171326 by thordur9
Replied by thordur9 on topic My 2000 Suzuki Jimny 35x12,5x15
It handles well when the gearing ratio has been lowered. It's still on its standard axles and they do just fine. I have a few mates that have been running a similar setup on their jimnys on standard axles and no problem so far.

The 1,3l engine is a bit soft, but it does the job just fine.

Before the suspension lift and body I had 33x12,5x15 tires and they did exceptional in the snow this winter.

Best regards, thordur.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds