BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

New Zealand Jimny

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Nov 2015 19:10 #155654 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic New Zealand Jimny
Wow :woohoo: :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• NZ Zook
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2015 07:07 #156062 by NZ Zook
Replied by NZ Zook on topic New Zealand Jimny
Got out and about again this weekend as it is summer here in sunny New Zealand.
Went to a track about an hour and a half away call Thompsons track and it was a hell of a drive, from one extreme to another. Had an amazing time with about 8 trucks starting but only 2 of us being able to make it past half way. Some damage but nothing that cant be fixed. The bonnet had to come off due to viscous fan giving up and not giving enough air flow as we were competing with 23 degrees and slow speed. On way back down the track i hit something on the drivers sill at some point denting the guard up into the drivers door meaning i had to get in and out through the window for the rest of the day. All good fun and hope anyone who looks through this enjoys the photos half as much as we enjoyed the view from the top of the track.

One very large mud hole followed by a steep hill with extremely large ruts

The only 3 vehicles capable/brave enough to go this far in our group

The view from near the top

The damage i am still yet to repair
Attachments:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2015 07:17 #156063 by Daniel30
Proper battle with that beautiful landscape great pictures and it looks like the jimny done you proud ;) thanks for sharing hope the repairs aren't to painful :)

• NZ Zook
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2015 07:28 #156064 by NZ Zook
That little 4x4 still amazes me every time i drive it. It does me proud and even shows most of the big guys how to do it. Still get surprised from time to time that it can out do most patrols and the like.

• mik641
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Nov 2015 06:10 #156288 by mik641
Replied by mik641 on topic New Zealand Jimny
Hey, NZ'er here as well. Just replaced my kingpin bearings from the odd river crossing ( like knee deep srsly). How do you get on with crap getting into your hubs given the ammount of mud you get into?

• zukiara
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Nov 2015 19:56 #156340 by zukiara
Replied by zukiara on topic New Zealand Jimny
Hi Guys,
Awesome trucks and scenery,
Im looking for a bit of help? Ive been trying to find someone or a supplier to ship me accessories for my S-Cross, Do you know and Suzuki suppliers Genuine Zuk or aftermarket that could help me get the following?
Bonnet Protector - Black Smoke Part Number: 990AA-00323-SMK
Headlight Protectors: 990AA-00123-001
Fr Seat Covers - Seat A/bag: 990AA-01123-003
Rr Seat Covers – with armrest: 990AA-01123-005
Ship to the UK?
Cheers in advance,
Eeee
Money would be payed up front too ta

• NZ Zook
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2015 08:50 #157445 by NZ Zook
So its been a little while since an update, last weekend we did some maintenance on a local track putting in a new culvert and cleaning up the road at the entrance.
Also had to replace rear radius arm bushes, all went well apart from damaging the rear brake line so had to also replace that while at it.
After all the hard work recently it meant we could get out and have some fun this weekend. After a lot of rain an Saturday but fantastic weather today (Sunday) we had a great time out, more exciting than usual as the photos will explain...

So first problem of the day, suzuki got tired and needed a lye down, maybe not the best place to try it tho.. a quick winch around the chassis and we had it back on its wheels in now time..

Rear side window smashed, front monsoon window smashed, amazingly enough drivers window still in tact wound down, door damaged and rear quarter damaged as well as slight damage to front pillar where snorkel sits and of course windscreen cracked, apart from most of the power steering fluid making a run for it the jimny started up and ran fine for the rest of the day.

After a quick clean and replacing the rear window with a much more fashionable one in case of rain it was nearly as good as new..

So we finally get the jimny back going an the a patrol we have with us decides he wants some attention and tries to take a nap. With my jimny and a toyota surf winched to it we tried pulling it out and keeping in up the right way but no luck, after hooking up his pto winch we finally got it out with no damage.

The patrol and owner after getting stuck in a deep mud hole..

And last but not least some random fellow suzuki lovers we found on our travels..

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2015 10:05 #157450 by Daniel30
Wow what a great track, shame about the jimny but looks like you Battled on and had a good day :) great photos thanks for sharing ;)

More
02 Dec 2015 15:35 #157722 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic New Zealand Jimny
This is where external cages come in handy. My Jimny has been on its side with barely any damage.

Looks like you have some good places to go in NZ!

Will you repair it or just live with the dents and then not care so much if it gets more?

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds