BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Stateys 1999 UK Jimny... AKA CamoJimny (2014 - Present)

• Statey
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Feb 2016 23:37 #162351 by Statey
Replied by Statey on topic Re:Stateys 1999 UK Jimny...
Will be putting some sort of stonechip top coat on top of 2 coats of primer,

Whats in the picture I did with about 100ml, got a 500ml can too I'm hoping that's enough but I could get some more if not!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2016 23:41 #162353 by minibbb
Replied by minibbb on topic Re:Stateys 1999 UK Jimny...

Statey wrote: Will be putting some sort of stonechip top coat on top of 2 coats of primer,

Whats in the picture I did with about 100ml, got a 500ml can too I'm hoping that's enough but I could get some more if not!

Wow it goes a long way then! Ill deffo look into it for mine too as been wondering what do go for.

Their top coats look good although a little more expensive than others

• Statey
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Feb 2016 16:06 #162559 by Statey
Boot floor RCP undercoated and Black overcoat not having it happen again haha

Did the tank in RCP as well and applied white stone chip to the bottom and black on top

And starting putting the final coat on the bits that I can't reach when the floors in

Boot hopefully be in soon :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Feb 2016 19:46 #162584 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic Stateys 1999 UK Jimny...
Well worth it imo, nice job ....... ;)

• Statey
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Feb 2016 15:59 #163087 by Statey
I've decided on a body lift but just waiting on some funds to get it, I did have some old blocks from an old truck but there not the right size for the Jimny but I've used them on a temp basis to lift the body for better access and Ive done the hard work haha (also means I can prep and paint the body mounts)

In the mean time not a lot happening just prepping the boot for the new floor, decided to give the front a tidy up.
My new favorite paint Buzzweld RCP

• OllieNZ
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Feb 2016 16:23 #163091 by OllieNZ
Replied by OllieNZ on topic Re:RE: Re:Stateys 1999 UK Jimny...

Statey wrote: I've decided on a body lift but just waiting on some funds to get it, I did have some old blocks from an old truck but there not the right size for the Jimny but I've used them on a temp basis to lift the body for better access and Ive done the hard work haha (also means I can prep and paint the body mounts)

In the mean time not a lot happening just prepping the boot for the new floor, decided to give the front a tidy up.
My new favorite paint Buzzweld RCP

Looks like some great paint :)

More
28 Feb 2016 17:06 #163095 by minibbb
Replied by minibbb on topic Re:Stateys 1999 UK Jimny...
Looking very smart!

I was tempted with the buzzweld but v limited info/reviews about it online. Therefore am tied between that an bilthamber who's rust treatment/protection is well regarded.

• Statey
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Feb 2016 17:20 #163096 by Statey

minibbb wrote: Looking very smart!

I was tempted with the buzzweld but v limited info/reviews about it online. Therefore am tied between that an bilthamber who's rust treatment/protection is well regarded.

Very true, I've spoke to Craig who runs Buzzweld and he passion he has for it just made my mind up, I've seen some of his tests he's run on thin steel and the results look great!

Time will tell but I'm very happy with it so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Statey
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Mar 2016 21:48 #164275 by Statey
So I've got another 500ml of RCP coming and I'm testing another product for him called Zero Prep so every single bit of by Jimnys underside is going to be protected!

Slow going as I'm still healing from some stomach surgery but since I'm sorn... Might as well get some toys!

2inch lift kit with Steering spacer on the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• GraphicX
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2016 10:15 #164417 by GraphicX
Replied by GraphicX on topic Stateys 1999 UK Jimny...
any chance of plenty of pictures when you fit the body lift ? it's something i've contemplated on & off, but still unsure of a few things (such as how the bull bar would be fitted with the body raised, guessing your bumper will be a different kettle of fish though).

• Statey
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Mar 2016 12:03 #164508 by Statey
Will do I do know that the top of the bumper stays with the body, so lifts but if you want it secure have to make a small bracket for the middle. As for the bar I don't have it on at the moment but It will stay the same height as is attached to the chassis :)

I'll take a few pics tho :)

• Statey
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 May 2016 18:25 #167080 by Statey
So when removing the boot floor as well as a lot of heavy surface rust as shown previously. I found the whole rear bumper body mount was shot so after cutting and grinding most of it away thankfully the mount itself was still solid it was just the frame around it.

I bought a Sand blasting Lance for a pressure washer and I have to say I'm impressed!
I blasted the rear of the car to make sure any loose rust and old sealant was removed.

Once I started I decided to do the axle as well

After painting in RCP this is what I was left with at the rear mount

After learning how to weld quickly haha I've fixed it all up and all mounts are now sound and rust free!!
I've covered all the welds RCP and then in Sikaflex to completely isolate them from the elements

With having the tank out it was ideal to get it painted all with RCP undercoat, I sealed all the joins on the floor as well as any older joins then covered the floor in Waxoyl, finally topped it off with a spray of Matt black top coat.

Need to finish the other shock and also get the tank back on!
Be back soon!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds