BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Re:Lumberjack Jimny

• Sid180
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jan 2017 18:41 #177066 by Sid180
Replied by Sid180 on topic Lumberjack Jimny
Nice set up that,is that a ford 4000? I do some hay and straw on the side with a load of old gear,along with the jimny as main delivering vehicle,will upload pics but having bit of trouble at the moment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2017 16:21 #177111 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Lumberjack Jimny
It's a 5000. We ave a fleet of classic Fords. Lovely old things!

I upload my pictures to photobucket, then link them from there.

• Sid180
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jan 2017 17:13 #177114 by Sid180
Replied by Sid180 on topic Lumberjack Jimny
Yep I'm doing it on photobucket now too. Yes they are,we've got a major with 6 cylinder in it and a major currently being turned into a puller! I'd love a 7810 but the wallet wont allow

More
09 Nov 2021 20:09 - 09 Nov 2021 20:11 #239973 by Busta
It's been a while since I updated this thread. Still the same Jimny but with a new addition to my trailer, my home-made hydraulic bag hoist system. I can now deliver 2 bags at a time! 

Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Nov 2021 20:11 by Busta.

More
09 Nov 2021 20:41 #239975 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Lumberjack Jimny
That's pretty cool!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Busta

More
17 Jan 2023 23:36 - 17 Jan 2023 23:37 #246980 by Busta
This is my current Jimny Forwarder setup for around the marshes. It's an area of very soft and bottomless peat bog, so not breaking through the top layer of turf is the name of the game!
I've made some low ground pressure rocking beam bogies that bolt to the hubs of my single axle trailer. With up to 800kg of wood in the trailer it travels as lightly as the Jimny. Jimny and trailer tyres are all at 10psi. Jimny in 4wd with Quaife LSD and welded front diff. Breaking traction is avoided at all costs!
I know it doesn't look like much of an off-road situation but, for context, we don't take our unloaded Defender on 32" tyres around here in the winter because it's too heavy and makes a mess!

Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Jan 2023 23:37 by Busta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lookonimages

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
18 Jan 2023 04:23 #246981 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Lumberjack Jimny
That's insanely cool, good work that man!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
18 Jan 2023 06:57 #246982 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Lumberjack Jimny
That trailer is pretty neat 

More
18 Jan 2023 07:29 #246983 by lookonimages
Replied by lookonimages on topic Re:Lumberjack Jimny

Busta wrote: This is my current Jimny Forwarder setup for around the marshes. It's an area of very soft and bottomless peat bog, so not breaking through the top layer of turf is the name of the game!
I've made some low ground pressure rocking beam bogies that bolt to the hubs of my single axle trailer. With up to 800kg of wood in the trailer it travels as lightly as the Jimny. Jimny and trailer tyres are all at 10psi. Jimny in 4wd with Quaife LSD and welded front diff. Breaking traction is avoided at all costs!
I know it doesn't look like much of an off-road situation but, for context, we don't take our unloaded Defender on 32" tyres around here in the winter because it's too heavy and makes a mess!

Love the trailer. Articulation of wheels awesome.

What suspention you using

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

More
18 Jan 2023 08:53 #246984 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Re:Lumberjack Jimny
The Jimny is on new standard height front springs, front and rear. I had been running it without the anti roll bar for better articulation, but with the welded front diff I've now got traction even with wheels in the air so I've re-fitted the anti roll bar for better handling at speed on the road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lookonimages

More
18 Jan 2023 11:41 #246987 by Roger Fairclough
I have long held the belief that electrically powered trailer/caravan hubs would be a boon in situations that members like Busta or Lambert face in their daily jobs of driving on soft/boggy ground. Yes there would be problems related to control but the distances involved need only be short so control need not be that sophisticated. Has anyone ever come up with a solution?

Roger

More
18 Jan 2023 13:10 #246989 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Re:Lumberjack Jimny
Plenty of hydraulic drive trailers exist for forestry. You can get bolt-on 'mover' units for caravans, but I wouldn't fancy their chances of survival in a farm environment. www.witter-towbars.co.uk/caravan-movers/...ro-auto-engage-mover

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds