BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Re:Lumberjack Jimny

More
15 May 2014 17:30 #115331 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Lumberjack Jimny
I haven't updated this for a while!

I've been abusing the Jimny for 11 months now, and covered 14,000 miles. It hasn't missed a beat! I've changed the oil more times than I've washed it, nothing has failed or broken and I've only been stuck once.

The BFG Mud Terrains are wearing very well. With 12,000 miles on them they have only worn 2mm (from 13mm new to 11mm) so they should go on for years!

I still need to sort out the sagging suspension. Current thinking is new, standard height springs on the front and put the old fronts onto the rear. I might fit 1" spacers on the front if the rear sits a bit high.

Here's some more pictures of the Jimny at work.

Rolling my campsite with a 3 ton roll (I'm looking for a set of gang mowers so I can cut the grass with it too):

Heading out for a paddle:

One of many firewood deliveries:

Greenlaning with friends:

A bit of flexing:

Pulling trailers that are far too big:

Pulling trees out of a bog:

And lots more stuff that I haven't uploaded yet...

Tough little buggers, these Jimnys!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 2014Nathan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2014 18:04 #115332 by 2014Nathan
Replied by 2014Nathan on topic Lumberjack Jimny
lowest jimny ever with that trailer on ;) haha

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2014 18:08 #115333 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic Lumberjack Jimny
Nice pics :)

• gaz3359
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 May 2014 07:29 #115374 by gaz3359
Replied by gaz3359 on topic Lumberjack Jimny
Great pics certainly putting it to good use there.

• zukenutter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 May 2014 10:25 #115707 by zukenutter
Replied by zukenutter on topic Re:Lumberjack Jimny
Who says Jimnys aren't multipurpose.

More
21 May 2014 13:20 #115934 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:Lumberjack Jimny
Looks like your Jimny works hard for a living! It's good to see someone using one like that.

Those Marshes in your previous video look a nice place to visit. I thought the cow/bull was gonna have you at one point! Is that the reason you did the gate on that occasion and not your Mrs? ;)

You did well in those washed out muddy sections with the ground clearance you have, the tyres did their job well.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
22 May 2014 08:57 #115985 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Re:Lumberjack Jimny

kirkynut wrote: Looks like your Jimny works hard for a living! It's good to see someone using one like that.

Those Marshes in your previous video look a nice place to visit. I thought the cow/bull was gonna have you at one point! Is that the reason you did the gate on that occasion and not your Mrs? ;)

You did well in those washed out muddy sections with the ground clearance you have, the tyres did their job well.

Kirkynut

Thanks Kirkynut!
Haha, she's not a fan of animals and I think she had decided it was my turn to go out in the mud. It's really slippery clay mud out there, with lots of deep dykes (ditches) to slip into if you don't stick to the ruts. When it's muddy like that you can't get far without mud terrains :)

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 May 2014 08:59 #115986 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic Re:Lumberjack Jimny
is that a byway (or equivalent)? looks like a good lane, plenty of mud :laugh:

More
22 May 2014 11:44 #116000 by Busta
It's a bridleway but I have a right of way along it to access farmland. About 100 years ago it was a main road!

• piratematt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 May 2014 10:01 #116651 by piratematt
Replied by piratematt on topic Lumberjack Jimny
Nice thread mate. Its great to see another Jimny relatively unmodified and yet still used for what it was designed for! I tossed round the idea of lifting mine but we go all sorts of sticky places, just like it looks you do, with no issues.
Enjoy!

More
02 Jun 2014 12:08 #116899 by Busta
After a pleasant road trip to Gainsborough with the Range Rover and trailer this weekend I am now the very proud owner of this beautiful Liana! It cost the princely sum of £323 complete with a faulty crank position sensor but is otherwise faultless and spotless!

The idea was put the engine in the Jimny and break the rest but after driving it around a bit it seems silly to ruin a tidy, comfy and (compared to a Jimny) quick car. I think I'm going to use it as a run around for a bit and look at things again in a few months!

• zukenutter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jun 2014 09:07 #117269 by zukenutter
Replied by zukenutter on topic Re:Lumberjack Jimny
What size is the Liana engine?

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds