BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

CMP Cam shaft sensor problem P0340 code

More
29 Mar 2023 10:48 - 29 Mar 2023 12:39 #248294 by Alastair
Hi,
I have a recurring P0340 code that I can’t get rid of.
It follows a head gasket replacement job on my M13A engine.
                See “www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/7-jimny...69244-re-m13a-issues” The engine is back together and running fine but the P0340 code appears every time the engine is started.
                I have photos showing that the timing was correct at time of assembly.
The CMP sensor has been replaced with Blue Print ADL 3322076G11.
After scratching around on the net, I’ve learned how to check the 12V and 5V supplies to the sensor and I’ve done the extension bar check to ensure the presence of a large metal item cuts the 5V signal. This leads me to believe that the sensor and wiring are OK at a basic level.
I have also seen some articles about the CKP and CMP sensors having to relearn / synchronise.
Having explained my problem to my local Dealer guy, he didn’t mention anything about this so I am sceptical if there any truth to this relearning business ! 
I am nearly at the point of taking the timing chain cover off again to check if the chain has jumped a tooth, but if you’ve done this job, you’ll understand that it’s not something I want to do unless it’s really necessary.

Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
Last edit: 29 Mar 2023 12:39 by Alastair. Reason: Bad grammar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds