BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

O2 Sensor issues

More
20 Jan 2023 09:17 #247033 by monstarghs
O2 Sensor issues was created by monstarghs
hi guys, recently ive had issues with my jimmny bogging down under load and i diagnosed the issue as a dirty IAT sensor cleaned it and the issue has gone away, the main problem is not im getting engine codes for low voltage, high voltage, and slow response codes, has the dirty intake sensor broken my o2 sensor? its only happening sometimes and i cant see a problem with the sensor when i have my scanner attached, super hard to diagnose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2023 10:46 #247034 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic O2 Sensor issues
I doubt a dirty IAT sensor (is that the MAF sensor?) would cause a problem with the O2 sensors.

As you have a code reader, can you post the codes you are getting please? It might also help if you let us know the age of the vehicle and if it has 1 or 2 O2 sensors (pre and post CAT)?

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
23 Jan 2023 11:13 #247112 by monstarghs
Replied by monstarghs on topic O2 Sensor issues
bah of course when i post about it the issue dissapears, if i remember right one of the codes was a p136? i think, also 2005 vvt version

More
23 Jan 2023 14:39 #247119 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic O2 Sensor issues
P0136 is 'O2 Sensor Bank 1, Sensor 2 Heater Circuit low'. Jimny's only have bank 1 (bank 2 is if you have a V and two exhausts/CATs). Sensor 2 is post the CAT.

It could have been a bad connection, or might be a faulty sensor. Other possible causes might be a leak in the exhaust or even low battery, but then you can get other random codes outputted.

It is probably worth leaving it to see how it goes, especially if the CEL is now off and the car is running correctly.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds