BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny front wheel leaning in

More
10 Jan 2023 19:37 #246807 by Tbott
Hi I’m hoping someone can help, I brought a Jimny as a project for me to fix up myself then become my daily, unfortunately I’ve noticed that the top of the  front drivers wheel is leaning in heavily. Could anyone give me advice on what it could be as this is my first car and new to all this. TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
10 Jan 2023 20:16 #246809 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum. There's a few possible reasons none of which are particularly cheap, it could be a wheel bearing has collapsed or a king pin bearing collapsed but it's also possible that the axle is bent. If you lift the wheel off the floor and attempt to rock it up down front and back that will point you at one of the bearings depending on where you get movement. Finding a bent axle is somewhat more difficult as getting meaningful measurements is not easy for the home gamer. The thing is all these things are to varying degrees inevitable if using a Jimny hard off road.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds