BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Split polybush - any good?

More
06 Jan 2023 20:41 #246734 by me101
Hi, need to change the rear radius arm bushes (arm to axle bushes) as mine are split. They were replaced 2 / 3 years ago and not done loads of miles, but has got a 2" lift and does like to flex. I have found some on ebay but they are split in two, and while I get the fact this will mean they are easier to install, are they any good and will they last? Cheers

2007 Little Jim with cheap mods!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBDekO99Qk2aOmBmSmrI9w

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2023 20:50 - 06 Jan 2023 20:59 #246735 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Split polybush - any good?
I used split poly bushes on my Series Land Rover chassis mounts to leaf spring hanger, primarily as I had several failed attempts to fit the OEM metal / rubber bushes.
They are split in two with a stainless steel bush, I can confirm they fitted very easily.
For me they have been fine, still fitted, no problems to report.

​​​​​​But my Land Rover being very old and on leaf springs is not over articulated, so they don't get twisted too far, but they do get more than just road use on pay n play sites.
They have worked for me in this application, I would use again as they are so easy to fit.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 06 Jan 2023 20:59 by Scimike.

More
07 Jan 2023 07:00 #246740 by me101
Replied by me101 on topic Split polybush - any good?
Thanks, I think I will give them a try. Cheers

2007 Little Jim with cheap mods!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBDekO99Qk2aOmBmSmrI9w

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds