BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

How to de-cat my 3rd gen petrol Jimny?

More
01 Dec 2022 20:20 #246195 by Vandoni
so, i want to remove my cat, or fit a sportier cat to my jimny (2000 model, M13A engine, single cat), as part of my exhaust "refresh" (sporty muffler, already installed, bigger tubing, custom exhaust manifold and possibly straight piped apart from the muffler)
preferrably the first option, but i know that there's a lambda/o2 sensor behind the cat that would give me some problems, any ideas/advice from someone who's done it to theirs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 Dec 2022 07:06 #246196 by Lambert
I would suggest the sports cat. The MOT will fail you if you remove the cat, firstly from a visual inspection revealing it to be missing or tampered with and second the emissions will be way off.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
02 Dec 2022 08:19 - 02 Dec 2022 09:27 #246197 by Scimike
I don't know what's checked in a "revisione" (MOT), but as Lambert said the safe route is to go Sport Cat. Another route is to talk to a local custom / performance exhaust manufacturer and put forward your wants. Most can make a bespoke system that will perform well and meet legal requirements. They have years of experience in the subject and you end up with a nice system usually made of of Stainless Steel, one bit that won't rust! 

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 02 Dec 2022 09:27 by Scimike.

More
02 Dec 2022 13:22 #246201 by Busta
I had the classic issue of the material in the catalytic converter breaking up and blocking the exhaust, so I smashed it out making it a DIY de-cat exhaust and it made precisely zero difference to the performance of the car.

More
02 Dec 2022 15:24 #246202 by Vandoni
i don't know, i might just de-cat it since my MOTs are done by trusted people that will let me go scot free in any case

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds