BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:what is that hose?

More
23 Oct 2022 20:09 - 23 Oct 2022 21:20 #245545 by Vandoni
what is that hose? was created by Vandoni
with a friend, i fitted a better air filter and while checking random stuff and cleaning the butterfly valve, we noticed that the little pipe that connects to the head behind the oil dipstick was really dirty inside, does anybody know what it is? (the image is a stock one taken from internet)

Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Oct 2022 21:20 by Vandoni.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2022 21:26 #245547 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:what is that hose?
That's the crankcase breather and the PCV valve.

(Positive crankcase ventilation)

The pipe itself should be cleaned out and the little value checked for correct operation ( blow through it, you can blow one way and not the other)

Sent from my moto g42 using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
23 Oct 2022 21:34 #245548 by Vandoni
Replied by Vandoni on topic Re:what is that hose?
the little valve is really dirty and we tried cleaning it, but i checked yesterday and it is dirty again, also i replaced the pipe that connects to the intake pipe from the front of the head with one of those small cone filters as we think that's the pipe that pushes oil gases into the intake, am i correct?

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds