BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Fuel leak

More
22 Oct 2022 06:32 #245522 by Abudougal
Fuel leak was created by Abudougal
Morning all,

Stopped the other day to see quite a lot of fuel pouring off the bottom of the car around the drivers side rear wheel but slightly forward of that area, its an 05 plate so I'm guessing rusty fuel line but I havent actually had time to go digging and check.

Anyone got any useful pointers before I get in there and start chopping bits out, the plan was to grab some rubber fuel hose and jubilee clips and replace what I can get to.

Any dos and don'ts much appreciated before I start crawling about under the car with a pipe cutter?

Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
22 Oct 2022 08:46 #245526 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Fuel leak
The send and return lines run along with the brakes on the inside edge of the chassis rail. Other than when they go behind the transfer box mounts they are relatively easy to get at. Just be careful with sources of ignition when playing with petrol, though if it's a line it may be empty by now.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
25 Oct 2022 16:51 #245581 by Abudougal
Replied by Abudougal on topic Fuel leak
Thanks, I've found the leaky bit and sods law it's the trickiest bit to get at, just above the filler neck. I'm going to have to undo a load of stuff to get in there. Some of the line has already been replaced with rubber and looks like I just need to replace a short bit of hose so fingers crossed it will be simple if I can get at it...

keep meaning to take pics but I never remember...

More
26 Oct 2022 15:44 #245597 by Abudougal
Replied by Abudougal on topic Fuel leak
Fixed, woohoo, absolute sod to get to, it was above the tank. I started removing the tank then realised that was a bloody stupid idea and noticed I could actually get to it by peeling up the the plastic inner mudflap bit and then with the very ends of my fingers grab hold of the faulty bit of hose to undo and replace it.

Simply just an old stiff bit of hose leaking at the join.

I've tried to get a photo that shows it but not sure if it's useful or not.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds