BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

M15a clutch

More
18 Aug 2022 11:48 #244580 by GusBus
M15a clutch was created by GusBus
Got a jimny that had the m13a engine swapped for a m15a engine from a holden cruze(Australian version of a Ignis) by a previous owner. Looking at replacing the clutch but not sure whether clutch would be different to a standard m13a jimny clutch or would it be the same clutch as the ignis/cruze? Are the clutches different? are they interchangeable? Guessing it would depend on which flywheel the cars using are these interchangeable aswell? 
cant really take the car apart to look as i need to keep it on the road so i want the parts reaady so o can put them straight in once shes pulled apart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
18 Aug 2022 18:02 #244586 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic M15a clutch
As far as I am aware the type of flywheel and clutch is determined by the gearbox being used not the engine size. Don't take this as gospel though as I have not yet needed to do a motor swap.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
18 Aug 2022 20:53 #244588 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic M15a clutch
It will be a Jimny clutch. Swapping the Jimny flywheel and clutch onto the new engine is part of the conversion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

More
19 Aug 2022 04:29 #244589 by GusBus
Replied by GusBus on topic M15a clutch
Thank you kindly I'll order the clutch Hopefully all goes well

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds