BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

New Seatbelt?

More
01 Jul 2022 08:23 #243909 by manyskills
New Seatbelt? was created by manyskills
Hi everyone! New here.
Loved Jimnys all my life, and finally got one a couple of months ago for my 30th. Its a gen 3, 2003. 
The main thing that needs doing asap is the drivers seatbelt as it's fraying. 
I am waiting to hear from someone nearby who is breaking a jimny to see if their seatbelt is in good condition, as I would prefer OEM, but if it's not, has anyone used   this site  , and does anyone know of any guides online on how to do it? I just can't find any!

Many thanks!
Cerys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2022 08:27 #243911 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic New Seatbelt?
Welcome to the forum.

I haven’t changed a seat belt, but disconnected them several times to do other jobs, it looks straight forward to change. I expect someone on here will have a handy guide. Someone might have one if they changed to a harness.

There are usually some for sale at breakers yards, search eBay and this will be the complete assembly, that will make it easy.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: manyskills

More
01 Jul 2022 18:51 #243918 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic New Seatbelt?
Not sure about the 03 but my 05 got these yellow wires wich indicates there is a pyro(!) belt tensioner. If replaced with something aftermarket you may get a airbag system fault.
I tried to fix my non returning belt by cleaning and setting the return spring tighter but to little effect. Replacing the unit is straight forward bolts and plugs. Smart to disconnect the battery when fiddling with yellow wires. Removing the inner rear panel is a bit of work but doable.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: manyskills

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds