BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Occasional click when turning left or straightening wheel

More
15 May 2022 18:00 #243320 by Jingojimny
Hello. I just got a gen 3 jimny 2004. I was driving around and hit a pothole pretty hard. Since then there has been a knocking noise coming from the front left whenever I turn left or straighten out the wheel. Does anyone know what could have happened? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
15 May 2022 18:37 #243321 by Lambert
Hard to say with certainty but I would have it in the air on stands and give everything a good prod and rattle and confirm that nothing is obviously loose. It's possible that there was an underlying issue that has come through but without careful inspection it's hard to rule things out.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
15 May 2022 21:33 #243326 by DrRobin
It sounds like a bush, wheel bearing or possibly CV joint. As Lambert says, jack up the front end and feel for play.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds