BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny 2” Lift

More
12 Feb 2022 08:58 #241808 by Camey2006
Jimny 2” Lift was created by Camey2006
Hello,
I have recently added some mud tyres to my Jimny however, these are rubbing, so I was now going to add a 2” lift to stop this.
I have got some shocks, for this but I was just wondering if I would need anything else (extended brake lines etc?) as well as springs?
Thanks in advance for any help

Red 1999 Jimny
2” Pro-comp Lift
Mud Tyres
Black Wheels
Roof Rack
Front and Rear LEDs
Wind Deflectors
And More…

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2022 09:59 #241811 by Martin416
Replied by Martin416 on topic Jimny 2” Lift
Hey you'll need springs at least id think. I don't have a gen3 but pretty sure all the longer shocks will do is give you more travel

SJ416 spi, 33s, Cage, Rocklobster
The following user(s) said Thank You: Camey2006

More
12 Feb 2022 10:31 #241815 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Jimny 2” Lift
As Martin says, you will need springs. Springs are what provide lift, typically through longer free height and heavier spring rates. Longer shocks accommodate more travel. I would recommend extended brake lines.

One point worth making is that suspension lift doesn't guarantee clearance. If you are experiencing rubbing while only mildly exercising the current suspension, the tires will likely still rub during hard flexing after your suspension lift. If that occurs, the interference needs to be resolved with bump stop extension, body lift and/or body/bumper trimming.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
The following user(s) said Thank You: Camey2006

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds