BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Windscreen washer jets

More
28 Nov 2021 14:49 #240364 by JAGtheman
Simple question (but I gather this can fail your MOT?): Gen 3, pax side windscreen washer jet on my jimny just sprays 1 jet of water. My question: should both jets shoot 2 streams of liquid each?

Julian
2008 Gen 3 Manual
Being completely revitalised

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
28 Nov 2021 15:57 #240366 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Windscreen washer jets
Yes they should but I could not get Dreadnaught to do it on one of the passenger ones because it became blocked with some kind of slime goo. The council test centre weren't overly bothered so long as some water was available to wash the screen.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
28 Nov 2021 16:07 #240367 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic Windscreen washer jets
Doesn't a bit of fine stiff wire usually solve resolve this?

I'm not certain about the UK, but in the US, the auto parts chains have universal nozzles (not the gaudy multi-color LED ones) that I've used on a couple of different Suzukis after the original got damaged.

More
28 Nov 2021 16:43 #240368 by Roger Fairclough
Air jet works for me but disconnect water delivery hose and direct air into the small round direction jets.

Roger

More
28 Nov 2021 19:30 #240374 by HUN
Replied by HUN on topic Windscreen washer jets

Simple question (but I gather this can fail your MOT?): Gen 3, pax side windscreen washer jet on my jimny just sprays 1 jet of water. My question: should both jets shoot 2 streams of liquid each?
Alternatively replace them with this:
www.lambertsengineeringltd.co.uk/suzuki-...uirter-water-nozzles

TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Full floating rear axle conversion, JB underbody guards & recovery points
ORE transfer box HD brackets
T-Max split charge system
X-Shock Dakar ceramic clutch kit & roof rack
Flo-Flex castor polybushes
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers

More
28 Nov 2021 19:32 #240375 by JAGtheman
Replied by JAGtheman on topic Windscreen washer jets
Thanks to all for replying. I am loath to stick something into the hole as I will most likely damage it so first I will disconnect the feeder pipe and use a tyre pump to "blast" through the jets in the same direction as water flow and see if that works. Or engine degreaser to dissolve some gogga that crawled into the pipe? If that fails, then I will try with fine copper wire and hopefully will neither damage the hole nor alter the direction of the spray.

I have seen this in MoT reports when I was searching for my Jimny and will be mega unhappy if my MoT reflects this after all the work I have put in to make this Jimny rock solid.

Thanks again all!

Julian
2008 Gen 3 Manual
Being completely revitalised

More
29 Nov 2021 16:39 #240395 by maverick
Replied by maverick on topic Windscreen washer jets
both of my washer jets only spout one stream of water ... been like that for 4 MOT's ... never failed

Jalapeño, IISY?

More
30 Nov 2021 12:44 #240409 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Windscreen washer jets

Thanks to all for replying. I am loath to stick something into the hole as I will most likely damage it so first I will disconnect the feeder pipe and use a tyre pump to "blast" through the jets in the same direction as water flow and see if that works. Or engine degreaser to dissolve some gogga that crawled into the pipe? If that fails, then I will try with fine copper wire and hopefully will neither damage the hole nor alter the direction of the spray.

I have seen this in MoT reports when I was searching for my Jimny and will be mega unhappy if my MoT reflects this after all the work I have put in to make this Jimny rock solid.

Thanks again all!

I have used a pin to clean the jets out in the past, but I found the jet wash does it quite well.  The hole is a reasonable size so a pin or needle should go in quite easily.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

• Kats
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Dec 2021 13:57 #240428 by Kats
Replied by Kats on topic Windscreen washer jets
I had both my jets totally clogged, so i just let them sit overnight in a vinegar/baking soda solution and the next day cleaned them with a thin needle, or wire, or anything thin enough that goes in there and then blew some air into it and it was perfect afterward! Also, check if the water pipes that feed the jets are sending enough water and make sure they are clean as well. When you remove the jets just have someone spray some water and see if they both spit water with decent pressure from them. Good luck!

More
02 Dec 2021 21:27 #240449 by RainerK
Replied by RainerK on topic Windscreen washer jets
In case the spray nozzle gets clogged often, I use a small plastic filter in the spray water line. 
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds