BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Premium Speaker Upgrade Kit for 4th Gen (2021) Jimny

• LMcRae
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Sep 2021 09:39 - 13 Sep 2021 20:00 #238547 by LMcRae
Hey everyone,

Has anyone had the "Premium Speaker Upgrade Kit" (which is an official Suzuki accessory) installed in their 4th Gen (2018+) Suzuki Jimny? I have contacted Suzuki directly and they themselves cannot even provide me with information about the speakers. Does anyone know if it is four new speakers or just two? and how good they are and what brand they are? Suzuki is charging about $700 for them to be installed in a new vehicle and I want some reassurance that they will at least be a decent upgrade over the original speakers before purchasing.

This is from the Australian Suzuki Jimny online store.

Also, I know I could probably get better aftermarket speakers installed for cheaper myself but I'm still curious about how good the speakers in the "Premium Speaker Upgrade Kit" actually are.

Cheers in advance,
Lachlan
Last edit: 13 Sep 2021 20:00 by LMcRae.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2021 10:16 #238550 by Dan
I did mine myself with the fitting kits from this site.

I put the very mild upgrade with tweeter in the front.

In the back I was able to squeeze in a TS-R1350S.

I did the fronts first and was quite surprised by the difference.

• LMcRae
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Sep 2021 11:22 #238551 by LMcRae
Thanks for your reply but it sounds like the speakers you put in were not the official "Premium Speaker Upgrade Kit" from Suzuki, right?

More
13 Sep 2021 17:11 #238563 by mlines
I think the information that's missing here is "Which country"

Sent from my motorola using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• LMcRae
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Sep 2021 20:01 #238575 by LMcRae
This is from the Australian Suzuki Jimny online accessory store.

More
13 Sep 2021 21:56 - 13 Sep 2021 21:57 #238582 by lightning
l found the standard front speakers to be alright, but l fitted rear speakers using the Suzuki kit.
The speakers l used were the Pioneer ones recommended on this forum.

The difference just from fitting relatively cheap rear speakers was incredible and well worth the effort. l am sure you could do better still by fitting larger front speakers etc but it's fine for us now.
Last edit: 13 Sep 2021 21:57 by lightning.

More
14 Sep 2021 07:25 #238589 by mlines
In the UK, Suzuki use the Pioneer TS-R1350S. They charge £45 per set and you need two sets. The mounting kits come to around £90 so in all, the Suzuki solution in the UK would cost you about £180 for just the parts. However the same speakers are £18 on Ebay so you can save lots of money in the UK. The speakers are a worthwhile upgrade over the stock front speakers which are a plastic frame and fixed "cardboard" style cone. The stock ones are not bad but the Pioneer are better.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds