BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Re:50mm lift - sway / role bar adjustment spacer ?

• Sean65
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Sep 2021 07:16 #238846 by Sean65
Spring and shocker lift. No spacers. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2021 07:42 #238847 by lookonimages

Sean65 wrote: Spring and shocker lift. No spacers. 

All up to you and your countries laws then.

Take them off, see how vehicle behave and then you decide if you want to keep them off or put them back on to get stabilty on road back again.

That is why most prefer quick disconnect for great on road manners (connected) and good flex off road (disconnected)

How much are you going going to offroad. 1% or 50/50.
All things that play a role in YOUR decision.

On my gen 3 I have it disconnected fir all its life. My gen 4 it is still connected.

To summarize: it is all up to you.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

• Sean65
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Sep 2021 15:22 #238857 by Sean65
Thanks.  Prob 50/50 until my 90 is back on the road. Fortunately it is not my main vehicle. I may have an experiment. It’s hardly difficult to remove. 

More
21 Sep 2021 18:13 #238861 by jackonlyjack
I have +3 springs and shocks 1" body lift no ARB 
Really soft set up you get used to how it feels 

More
22 Sep 2021 22:25 #238882 by fordem
I recommend against removal on any vehicle that sees use as a daily driver or sees a significant level of on road use - you're unlikely to immediately see or even recognize the downsides until it's too late, but, if you're feeling adventurous finding a clear space, get it up to around 30 mph, and then simultaneously swerve & brake hard - pretend that a child or cyclist dashed out in front of you and you're trying to avoid hitting them.

Oh - make sure you're wearing your seatbelts and have the windows up before attempting this.

More
23 Sep 2021 06:03 #238887 by lookonimages
My gen3 i removed ARB, i got used to it and knew what to expect driving it for at least a year. You can anticipate but even with upgraded springs and shock with lift, that nose still dipped a lot more in any more aggresive driving with sudden turn on road.

My concern has always been I drive my vehicle 99.9% but that odd occasion that my wife/someone not familiar suddenly had to drive my vehicle and they met a dangerous situation. What then as they not familiar with different result they did not expect ? Luckily we never had such an incident.

On my gen4 I prefer to keep the ARB on and I have decided I will fit a quick disconnect. (We have company here busy developing/making quick disconnects. Cant wait to get them and fit them)

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

• Sean65
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Sep 2021 15:11 #238899 by Sean65
That's a fair point. Like you, it would usually be me driving but my wife on occasion. I will stick with it for the time being I think.

More
27 Sep 2021 16:01 - 27 Sep 2021 16:06 #238983 by X8GGY
Completed the range - 

Now working on offset ones as suggested by Keithy ;)
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Sep 2021 16:06 by X8GGY.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds