BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Flexible brake lines info

More
18 Jul 2021 06:35 #236766 by Old Neil
Hi I'm looking for information about the difference in flexible brake lines on early series 3 to later series 3 (2015) jimny
*is the left and right front and right rear hose the same, early to late series 3 ?
*i see there is a second hose at rear left and there is 3 short hose's from body to chassie not 2, is the difference to do with ABS/traction control or both?
Any help would be much appreciated
Neil

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
18 Jul 2021 08:23 #236769 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Flexible brake lines info
That's my working assessment of the situation, basically the same but with added lines to allow for stability and traction.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
18 Jul 2021 08:29 #236770 by Old Neil

Lambert wrote: That's my working assessment of the situation, basically the same but with added lines to allow for stability and traction.

Thanks Lambert

More
22 Jul 2021 18:10 #236888 by auchenblae
On our 1998 and 2007 cars there was a brake hose to the offside rear brake cylinder, that brake cylinder had no bleed nipple and there was a flexi pipe from that offside brake cylinder to the rear axle where a metal pipe went to the nearside rear brake cylinder. The nearside rear brake cylinder had a bleed nipple.

The 2007 car had ABS.

Around 2014 or so, regulations in Australia and the EC changed and required stability control to be fitted to cars. Our 2016 Jimny has seperate hydraulic feeds to each of the rear brake cylinders.

Therefore I suggest it was required for stability control rather than ABS reasons but the systems are interlinked.

eddie

16 SZ3
07 JLX+ gone 16
99 JLX gone 07

More
23 Jul 2021 13:02 #236905 by Old Neil

auchenblae wrote: On our 1998 and 2007 cars there was a brake hose to the offside rear brake cylinder, that brake cylinder had no bleed nipple and there was a flexi pipe from that offside brake cylinder to the rear axle where a metal pipe went to the nearside rear brake cylinder. The nearside rear brake cylinder had a bleed nipple.

The 2007 car had ABS.

Around 2014 or so, regulations in Australia and the EC changed and required stability control to be fitted to cars. Our 2016 Jimny has seperate hydraulic feeds to each of the rear brake cylinders.

Therefore I suggest it was required for stability control rather than ABS reasons but the systems are interlinked.

Thanks auchenblae
I've since found out front right, front left, right rear flexible brake lines 1998-2017 are same individual part numbers just they added 2 extra flexible brake lines for the reason you stated

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds