BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

BODY SWAP a 2004 M13A onto a 1999 G13BB chassis

More
21 Aug 2021 15:52 #237759 by Dirtbird
Bought a set of these today . www.halfords.ie/tools/hand-tools/spanner...-spanner-470138.html
Should have bought them years ago. 

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2021 20:34 - 22 Aug 2021 20:36 #237796 by Dirtbird
Back axel with scrabbler / needle gun .

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Aug 2021 20:36 by Dirtbird.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Riccy

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
23 Aug 2021 03:19 #237801 by Lambert
You are going to have quite the Jimny when you are done!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
23 Aug 2021 21:24 #237824 by Dirtbird

You are going to have quite the Jimny when you are done!
I hope so Lambert

More
23 Aug 2021 22:01 #237828 by Dirtbird
Off-topic but in the garage nonetheless. changing the blades on a Teagal 8ft topper today. Chassis hasn't been galvanized yet got the call today so said id get ready for some good weather later in the week so will go topping rushes until the chassis gets done.    

Attachments:

More
26 Aug 2021 00:00 #237873 by Dirtbird
Ideas for the left over jimny body and chassis. 
yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=r258533896

• Lambert
    Registered
More
26 Aug 2021 03:22 #237876 by Lambert
That's a great idea, I keep entertaining the idea of one for myself but I keep running out of money.

More
26 Aug 2021 16:19 #237900 by Dirtbird
Lambert just wondering would it look naff? On the positive side, can be locked, will be dry inside. and I could sleep in it if it came to that.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
26 Aug 2021 18:47 #237906 by Lambert
I saw one a few years ago at a car show, it was a very long way from naff. The inside was exquisite in a light cream leather with piping in the body colour, it had accommodation for 1 with storage down the driver side along with washing up and cooking facilities. It will have cost someone a fortune but I suspect you could live quite comfortably out of it for months at a time.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
27 Aug 2021 22:22 #237937 by Dirtbird

I saw one a few years ago at a car show, it was a very long way from naff. The inside was exquisite in a light cream leather with piping in the body colour, it had accommodation for 1 with storage down the driver side along with washing up and cooking facilities. It will have cost someone a fortune but I suspect you could live quite comfortably out of it for months at a time.
Held up with the galvanizer rang him today promise Monday and the Jimny trailers is well and truly in my head.......

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

More
31 Aug 2021 20:17 #238081 by Dirtbird
Well I collected the chassis today was busy so didn't get a chance to sit down and pick over it will get a min tomorrow and give ye a run down.

Attachments:

More
31 Aug 2021 20:22 #238083 by Dirtbird
it weighed 100kg extra and at 0.90 cents per kg of galvanizing and some shot, blasting brings the bill to €168. I thought it was going to be way more.
Questioned the bill thinking they had made a mistake but no that's how much it cost. Going to galvanize everything in my shed now at that price.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jackonlyjack, Soeley

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds