BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

BODY SWAP a 2004 M13A onto a 1999 G13BB chassis

More
27 Jul 2021 16:02 #237040 by Dirtbird
Sent you a message Godskitchen

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2021 16:54 - 28 Jul 2021 18:42 #237095 by Dirtbird
I have some more welding to do but couldn't get into the headspace today so I said I clean up the engine bay, clean up some spot rust and get some rust converter onto them.

Battery tray, I can't take it off so going to do the best I can with a 4 inch and 3-inch wire wheel brush cup.

Once it's cleaned down going to wash the engine bay with some washing liquid and warm water let that dry. Then hit it with KRUST the Hammerite rust converter let it dry and hand paint the engine bay after a rub down with sandpaper and a wash down. 

Steering link arm before wire wheel cup brush

This is the gizmo 

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Jul 2021 18:42 by Dirtbird.

More
30 Jul 2021 17:39 #237165 by Dirtbird
The Power of Wire wheel and rust converter

Attachments:

More
06 Aug 2021 19:39 - 06 Aug 2021 19:44 #237349 by Dirtbird
Progress 
Going to weld the boot space where the jack is kept. Remove spot rust, rust converter on the spots, and spray with LOWES white and then stone chip protection to the areas as previous areas. 

Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Aug 2021 19:44 by Dirtbird.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Soeley

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
06 Aug 2021 20:09 #237352 by Lambert
Welding generally working on cars is so much better when you are comfortable, which with the body off looks easy.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
07 Aug 2021 00:19 #237355 by Dirtbird

Welding generally working on cars is so much better when you are comfortable, which with the body off looks easy.
Finding the welding tough as im using flux core 0.9 wire . Ive to be really quick with the stitches and it's just about doable with the body off cannot imagine how people do it with the body on . 

More
08 Aug 2021 11:26 #237394 by Dirtbird
Tipperary Godskitchen

More
08 Aug 2021 19:56 #237415 by Dirtbird
Went into the shed to see if it was dry and 35 mins later ive got the 1st coat of Lowes White on.

Attachments:

More
17 Aug 2021 16:36 #237668 by Dirtbird

Used this to protect the threaded captive nuts etc .

On the weight bridge  

turns out there going to blast it again and will touch up any areas that need it so despite my best efforts they dont want it to leave the plant in less than 100% galvanized. He also told me they bulk bath chassis over the weekend in acid to ensure the internals get well eaten. 

We will see on Monday?

Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
17 Aug 2021 16:48 #237671 by Lambert
48h in an acid bath? It's certainly going to be clean. Or dissolved!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
18 Aug 2021 21:48 #237703 by Dirtbird
Yeah, Lambert ...I was thinking that they won't shot blast it and leave it in the acid and charge me for both. ?
Lets see.eh.

More
20 Aug 2021 23:41 - 20 Aug 2021 23:43 #237751 by Dirtbird

And a nod to Dave s lill buggy build. 

Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Aug 2021 23:43 by Dirtbird.

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds