BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:1999 Jimny mk1 engine warning light power loss /misfire and and 6 pin plug

More
16 Jun 2021 22:30 - 16 Jun 2021 22:35 #235831 by Dirtbird
 Ok Found the info on the interned good but not comprehensive. So took a spin to my nearest Suzuki dealer. Asked if they could please read my fault code for me. Yes €55 and we will book it in. I declined. Came home and changed the Fan and PAS Belt. Had another google and had a stab at the CEL check engine light and it worked here's what I did.
Look under the glove box and you will see this note the white 6 pin plug in the yellow circle.
It is very awkward but if you slide the passenger seat all the way back you will manage to get your head in under the glove box.
A close up of the 6 pin plug
This is an extract from rhinopowers web page
So I rotated the 6 pin plug in my hand so it looked the same as the one in the Rhinopowers sketch and popped in my paperclip.

I then crossed my fingers and turned on the ignition and hey presto the Engine warning light blinked 3 times then a pause and one giving me a 31 fault code which translates into a Manifold pressure sensor problem. 
Here is the link to Rhino's excellent work and info and fault code meanings. www.rhinopower.org/diag/cel.html
Now to find the cure for the Manifold pressure sensor fault. Hope this helps you in the future. J

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Jun 2021 22:35 by Dirtbird.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2021 16:36 #236237 by Dirtbird
OK map Sensor arrived yesterday, popped it in last night, still misfiring. So need some advice.
1. If OBD on board diagnostics is saying error code 31 which I googled and found to be a MAP sensor fault, what else should I look for.
2. In anticipation of plugs and ignition leads I've ordered new ones online and that will leave me with either failed coil pack or a cam angle sensor.

Going to try and take it for a spin with the vacuum hose off and see if that clears the filter end of the hose?

Any advice greatly accepted and appericated.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
01 Jul 2021 22:16 #236281 by Dirtbird
Ok reached rock bottom today. Tried
new leads no fix
new-ish set of coil packs no fix
second-hand map sensor no fix

So got the compressor out and disconnected the vacuum hose from the carb to the map sensor and blew air down the hose back into the carb.
F£$%ing problem solved, engine warning light off and Jimny running smooth and with no shunting.

Must have been something in the hose being sent up to the map sensor, cutting the flow into the sensor and causing an error in the sensor. Or further back into the carb?

Delighted .

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 Jul 2021 05:18 #236282 by Lambert
Good news!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
02 Jul 2021 07:17 #236283 by Dirtbird
Lambert is that a known fix ie to blow compressed air down the MAP sensor hose back to the carb?
You know the feeling when you've found the bugger . Anyway have a great day. J

More
02 Jul 2021 07:39 #236286 by Scimike
Good news and thanks for posting the fix, it's good to know the result.
Not aware myself it's a known fault, but it's a possibility now!
I guess the usual culprits for running issues are cam sensors and coil packs, after that it's anything else on the engine, so a bit of a lottery.
But good work.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
02 Jul 2021 08:14 #236288 by Dirtbird
For once im making a net contribution instead of asking the same questions over and over again and yet you guys keep coming back with the answers great group of closet mechanics.
In the great words of Mr Howard Jones

• Lambert
    Registered
More
02 Jul 2021 15:24 #236298 by Lambert
Again, not one I was aware of but I am now!

More
02 Jul 2021 16:32 #236303 by Dirtbird
Well that didn't last long ERROR CODE 81 Immobiliser/ECU . For frigs sake and to beat it all renewed the insurance at lunch time thinking id get out over the weekend ...........................................................forks sake.....£$%£"$"£"£$££"££

More
02 Jul 2021 16:41 - 02 Jul 2021 16:41 #236305 by Dirtbird
praying its the battery in the key

Last edit: 02 Jul 2021 16:41 by Dirtbird.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
02 Jul 2021 19:06 #236315 by Lambert
The immobiliser chip is independent of the remote buttons for the door locks. It's possible that the chip has somehow dislodged in the key?

More
02 Jul 2021 19:28 #236316 by Dirtbird
Lambert kinda hoping your right off to halfturds in the morning for a cr1632 and might be lucky. Did the tongue test on the battery and got a tingle

Here wishing everyone a great weekend together at the Jimboree.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds