BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Android Auto Angst Again

• Twisticles
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2021 14:44 #232651 by Twisticles
Android Auto Angst Again was created by Twisticles
So here in HK we don't get the Nav option on the infotainment.  Otherwise it seems to run the same software version as the UK (except we get FM instead of DAB).

Because of no Nav, using Android Auto is pretty ideal for the Waze.  But when I plug in I get the AA logo in the bottom right box for a split second before it disappears.  Phone gets stuck in a state of "connecting to android auto..." 

I've trawled the threads and tried all suggested options - software is latest release;  I've waited several minutes before plugging phone in;  I've tried six different branded cables with varying certifications; I've got out, locked the car, got back in and done several hail marys; nada.

I have an old iphone that works instantly with CarPlay...but I wanna carry my newer S20!  I've tried two other Android phones too, with no luck.

Any ideas anyone? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2021 20:22 #232666 by wjamieson
Replied by wjamieson on topic Android Auto Angst Again
I found Android Auto a bit hit and miss and took a while to figure out what was going on. Turned out that you had to have the clutch depressed when connecting the cable. If not the phone would not connect. However having the car out of gear and clutch depressed the phone connected fine. Once connected it was fine until you switched off the engine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds