BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

How transform jimny into ute

More
09 Sep 2020 02:24 #227963 by Old Neil
Hi I'm impressed with all your builds but particularly how some have cut the back off a jimny for the striped down look
Is there panels that Suzuki make so that i don't have to reinvent the wheel
I was looking at a YouTube video from Japan showing the job done in time lapse, the panels looked factory
Thanks Neil

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2020 03:09 #227964 by crash486
I did read where parts were available from but long forgotten. Try these guys...
www.suzukijimnypickups.co.uk/new-jimny-pickup

crash486 JB74W
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Neil

More
09 Sep 2020 06:50 #227968 by Old Neil
Thanks crash,i had a look at the site looks like they do a very good job but it's not what I'm looking for,the YouTube video i saw looked like they used factory stamped metal panels to fill in the back end + i shouldn't have said ute, i want to have a completely striped back end, don't know what you call them

More
09 Sep 2020 07:14 #227971 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic How transform jimny into ute
There are a few different approaches to doing the truck cab conversion, from a straight flat panel to re-fitting the whole of the back door assembly or fully fabricating it. Suppose it all depends on the skill, time and money you have to invest in the job.

I was super impressed with the way that my cab was done but I was lucky enough to have a bodyshop do the job. That level of skill is still achievable at home, I could never have done it but there are a few that have.... Riccy, Keithy, James (j999pre) are all quality builds and look like professional conversions.

I don't think that there are panels available for purchase or at least, not that I have seen. Terry Lofley (01623 742292) who did my conversion can supply a pick up bed that is fabricated and ready to fit. Other than that, I think you are doing it yourself I'm afraid....

Good Luck....

sniper

More
09 Sep 2020 07:43 #227972 by Old Neil
Thanks sniper,I've been looking with envy at pictures on this forum of truck cab conversions, i live in Western Australia and hoping i could buy ready made panels but not so ☹
In oz you could buy Sierra as a truck cab ute not sure if it was the same in old blithe
It's looking like i have to rethink this one

More
09 Sep 2020 08:26 - 09 Sep 2020 08:28 #227973 by lightning
lf you want a truck cab or tray back that's like a Jimny then why not buy a Land Rover.
The Land Rover truck cab is very much like a Jimny, except a bit bigger. They are great, if you can find a good one.
Sadly by now most aren't. People say they are unreliable, forgetting that most of them have had at least twenty years of abuse with minimal maintenance, which would see most cars reduced to scrap.

But good ones are out there, you just have to spend some time looking. lf you can find one that's have a galvanised chassis fitted then you'll have a vehicle that will, with a bit of love, last forty years.
Last edit: 09 Sep 2020 08:28 by lightning.

More
09 Sep 2020 09:54 #227977 by Old Neil

lightning wrote: lf you want a truck cab or tray back that's like a Jimny then why not buy a Land Rover.
The Land Rover truck cab is very much like a Jimny, except a bit bigger. They are great, if you can find a good one.
Sadly by now most aren't. People say they are unreliable, forgetting that most of them have had at least twenty years of abuse with minimal maintenance, which would see most cars reduced to scrap.

But good ones are out there, you just have to spend some time looking. lf you can find one that's have a galvanised chassis fitted then you'll have a vehicle that will, with a bit of love, last forty years.

Thanks Lightning, I'm not keen on moving away from the jimny, i like it's ability, availability of parts and accessories still available ,can't afford larger 4wd

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds