BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Re:Rear view camera gen4 install

More
16 Jul 2020 19:16 #225182 by lookonimages
Bought the rear view camera from suzuki South africa but have not got a install guide with it.

Watch Martin's install video and got some sort of manual from internet.

Everything work and is really a plug and play option. Seems radio is already setup to know when you put vehicle in reverse to switch over to the radio display to show camera display the moment you put jimny in reverse.

The SA version wiring seem to be a little different to the bigjimny video of Miles install. Sa version is plug and play and everything is already in that thicker black wire rubber protection piping. You plug in camera and everything is done for you right to the back of the radio. Even the green wire socket has already been added to circuit wire from the back. it is just that little green one that goes into the back of infotainment/radio system and another red wire that need to be attached to the some specific wire at the back of radio.

This red wire turn on the camera itself when you add power to it. the red wire is about a foot from the green socket that goes into the back of the radio.

Current red wire is attached to ACC fuse via piggyback connection. So when ignition on the camera switch on and when you put in reverse the radio display auto switch over to camera display on radio itself. The BAD of this camera is ON all the time that ignition is on.

I would have liked to connect the single red (that power the camera) to be linked to a "reverse light wire" right there by the dashboard at the back of the radio.
Then the camera is only switched on when you put the car in reverse and same time the radio switch over the display to the camera display. Then camera is on for very short periods that make me think it is better for camera instead of having it on all the time while ignition is on.

There must be a wire right there at instrument radio panel to enable tapping into the reverse light wire there, (why else have it been put that little red wire there).

Where did you guys attached the red wire (behind the radio) to get power for the camera.

I know I can pul in another wire all the way from the reverse light BUT I am sure there must be a reverse light wire availble already very close to the back of the radio, from where i can tap power.

Tried to look for such a wire maybe with a label saying it is reverse light wire but I cant find one.

Any ideas before i bring an extra cable all the way through to the front for reverse light power.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2020 22:31 #225191 by lightning
Do you need a rear view camera on a Jimny? The back of the vehicle is completely flat and what you see out of the rear window is pretty much where you are.

• GeorgeC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2020 05:39 - 17 Jul 2020 05:43 #225204 by GeorgeC
Replied by GeorgeC on topic Rear view camera gen4 install
Do you have the Part Number of the kit and exactly where (web page) you purchased it.
This may help in finding the correct set of instructions for it as I have two sets here but need the part number to identify if it is the same.
Last edit: 17 Jul 2020 05:43 by GeorgeC.

More
17 Jul 2020 08:07 #225216 by lookonimages

GeorgeC wrote: Do you have the Part Number of the kit and exactly where (web page) you purchased it.
This may help in finding the correct set of instructions for it as I have two sets here but need the part number to identify if it is the same.

This is the only info on the box.
T196
9900L-78R00-CAM

More
17 Jul 2020 08:13 #225218 by mlines
So thats a local market kit, not the Global Suzuki kit.

Global Suzuki is 99195-78RA0-000

A number of countries have not taken the Global kit, they have sourced a local one (Australia for example). They probablymake more margin on a local purchased product.

Does it have the reversing guide lines on the screen?

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeorgeC, lookonimages

More
17 Jul 2020 09:48 #225228 by lookonimages

mlines wrote: So thats a local market kit, not the Global Suzuki kit.

Global Suzuki is 99195-78RA0-000

A number of countries have not taken the Global kit, they have sourced a local one (Australia for example). They probablymake more margin on a local purchased product.

Does it have the reversing guide lines on the screen?

Yes sir it do have lines.
Sorry it has not yet installed. But i tested wiring before i install permanently and removing bumper. Just want to make sure all is working before doing the install.

This is what it look like.

More
17 Jul 2020 09:51 #225229 by mlines
Thanks, those look like different lines compared to the EU version. Just shows how things vary around the world

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

More
17 Jul 2020 10:33 #225230 by lookonimages
Thank you Martin.
I will just pull in a reverse light wire from the back.

Yes the goodies in the back do look different to the one from your video.

I think I will be good to go now.

More
17 Jul 2020 19:24 #225250 by mlines
Here is the EU rear view

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

More
17 Jul 2020 20:12 #225254 by Barry silver SZ5
Had uk dealer install and I think the camera is well worth the money as so clear and helpful Sorry they don’t have a front camera so I could virtually touch the bumper As I have got older in 70s these things become more useful.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds