BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Desperate help wheel nuts.

More
25 Jul 2020 09:13 #225615 by Fossie
Replied by Fossie on topic Desperate help wheel nuts.
Cheers for that , have fired off an email as they not in office ....we wait in hope and expectectations ....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jul 2020 09:25 #225616 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Desperate help wheel nuts.
Cotswold Jimnys have a breaking department and are very knowledgeable. You would certainly get used studs and nuts from them. Prices aren't always competitive but the sevice seems to be quick and reliable. You can phone the showroom and ask for the breakers number (another family member apparently).
Chris

More
26 Jul 2020 09:36 #225688 by Fossie
Again good call , must admit thought never crossed my mind , will contact them cheers

More
25 Aug 2020 22:37 #227347 by Fossie
Quick update.. Sod's law is involved,! Phoned Cotswold Jimnys and they had 1 of the offending wheel nuts , so I bought it and an interior door light switch, they arrived the day before I went away. No problem my daughter was heading up to our house for a week anyway ...sorted?
Not exactly , while on the M40 she aquaplaned and hit the crash barrier on her passenger side as she spun ending in a ditch backwards off the motorway on the correct side of the road , up to the axles at 45degrees. Un hurt!
It cost £200 to be winched out by the highways agency representatives.
Here's the pi****, she cracked an alloy! AND , lost another wheel nut.
She put the spare on and finished the journey 120 miles ....not a phone call you want to receive while away is it?
So now she has my spare set of alloys on and had to buy a full set of more normal nuts!
To top it off I went to fit the door switch and the spade is missing. I phoned Cotswold but let's say I have a rubberised ornament and knowledge that I won't be using their services again . It wasn't the cheapest lesson I could have invested in but It's one I won't forget.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Aug 2020 08:04 #227351 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Desperate help wheel nuts.
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, of course the important news is your daughter's fit and well. The Jimny will get fixed at some point so why worry. I do apologise for steering you towards Cotswold Jimnys and confess my success rate with them has not always been 100%. Don't be put off the breakers yard as there are plenty around. Just a thought but could you use the nuts holding the spare on the back? I remember them as dome nuts but you could chop the top off. Chris

More
26 Aug 2020 09:25 - 26 Aug 2020 09:28 #227354 by Fossie
No worries about giving us the nod , without the incident it would have been a sduccessful outcome. ....As you say no one hurt no issues......as for repairing the Jimny , the scrapes and dents are now battle scars, we just wrote on them as to where and when,. She's a groom and uses the machine to drag stuff around fields aswell much like we do .
We will either see if it ain't to much to repair this cracked wheel or sell them as a set(ish) WITH the nuts .

The photos don't really show the dents in the wing....but we had to use a wheel brace to get the door to open fully .
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Aug 2020 09:28 by Fossie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CC Baxter

More
26 Aug 2020 12:17 #227361 by jackonlyjack
Could be your lucky day I have a red rear bumper FREE to you if you want it
It's in good condition and just taking up space

More
27 Aug 2020 08:28 #227394 by Fossie
Jackonlyjack ...how could we refuse such a generous offer. Yep we we'll have it , not sure when we could collect it depends where you are obviously. Cheers.

More
27 Aug 2020 14:47 #227399 by jackonlyjack
:) going on holiday this weekend not back till 10th September
I'm in nottinghamshire NG18
If you're going to bigjimny meet in October i could take it with me/or you could collect on way home

Happy to help ;)

More
27 Aug 2020 16:52 #227405 by Fossie
We are going to the Jimny meet in October so if you could bring it along that'll be smashing....( .oh we done that bit!)

More
27 Aug 2020 17:41 #227409 by jackonlyjack
Will do Pal
i also have one red rear arch but can't remember what side it's for
If it's near side i will bring that too ;)

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds